Site: Notre Dame House
|Record #: HAM5505||Last Full Update: 24 Oct 2018|
|Primary Contact||Loretta Hill-Finamore, Director; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit ; (51) Registered Charity|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Offers shelter services, a resource center, and a school serving at-risk youth.
* 24 Hour a day intake and admissions
* Meets basic needs by providing all meals and snacks, clothing, laundry and hygiene products, etc.
* Advocacy and Case Co-ordination
* Recreational / Therapeutic programming
* On-Site Access to Mental Health Services and Consulting Psychiatry
* On-Site Access to a General Practitioner and/or Nurse Practitioner
* On-Site Addiction / Substance Use Supports (Alternatives for Youth)
* On-Site Withdrawal Management Assessment and Monitoring (St. Joseph’s Hospital)
* Aftercare services through our Community Resource Centre
The Notre Dame Community Resource Centre, is a multi-agency resource centre for at-risk youth residing within the community who are between 16 and 21 years of age. Youth have access to a number of outreach support services and programs to assist them in remaining housed; diverting them from homelessness and street involvement.
A case coordinator assists the youth in navigating community and internal services based on their identified needs.
|Hours||Administration Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm * Shelter Mon-Fri 24 hours|
|Areas Served||Halton Region ; Hamilton (City of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) - 21 year(s)
|Application||Contact for information|
|Located In Community||Hamilton Central|
|Address & Map||
14 Cannon St W
Hamilton, ON L8R 2B3
View Google Map
|Intersection||James St N and Cannon St W|
|Physical Access||Not Accessible|
|Categories and Classification|
|HCSD Main Heading||Food ; Mental Health / Addictions ; Youth|
|HCSD Sub Heading||Addiction Counselling ; Addiction Treatment ; Free / Low-Cost Meals ; Shelters for Youth ; Youth Mental Health Resources ; Youth Mental Health Services|
|Service Categories||Case/Care Management ~ Homeless Youth ; Homeless Meals ~ At Risk Youth ; Individual Advocacy ~ Homeless Youth ; Juvenile/Youth Shelters ~ Boys ; Juvenile/Youth Shelters ~ Girls ; Life Skills Education ; Personal Finances Administration ~ At Risk Youth ~ At Risk for Homelessness ; Runaway/Homeless Youth Counselling ; Street Outreach Programs ~ Homeless Youth ; Substance Use Disorder Counselling ; Substance Use Disorder Drop In Services ; Substance Use Disorder Referrals ; Tenant Readiness Education Programs ~ At Risk Youth|