Site: Emmanuel House
|Record #: HAM5506||Last Full Update: 24 Oct 2019|
|Memos and Bulletins|
|Public Comments||Due to COVID-19 Emmanuel House Hospice is currently closed to all visitors with the exception of loved ones. Please contact for additional details.|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Manager of Volunteers; Phone: (905-572-6435 ext 3333; Email: volunteer@GoodShepherdCentres.ca|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit ; (51) Registered Charity|
|Funding||Fundraising ; Donations ; Fees|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Due to COVID-19 Emmanuel House Hospice is currently closed to all visitors with the exception of loved ones. Please contact for additional details.
Companionship, respite care, and emotional support to people and their family or caregivers that are dealing with a life-threatening illness. Bereavement support and residential hospice available. In-home palliative care services are provided by an outreach team.
|Hours||Administration Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5 pm * Palliative / end-of-life care is provided Mon-Sun 24 hours|
|Areas Served||Halton Region ; Hamilton (City of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
* Be 18 years or older and a resident of Hamilton or surrounding area or an immediate family member of a resident of Hamilton or surrounding area.
* Be in final stages of life, with a prognosis of 3 months or less and/or a Palliative Performance Scale (PPS) score of 50% or less.
* Must have a need for professional care and supportive comfort measures during the last stages of life.
* Have a physician who will provide continuing care.
* Have a Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) agreed to, prior to admission.
* Have a designated Power of Attorney in place, prior to admission.
* Respite care may be provided for a period of two weeks depending on bed availability.
|Application||Contact for information|
|Languages||English ; Interpretive Services - if required|
|Fees||Service - Contact for information|
|Site Location||Stinson St & East Ave|
|Located In Community||Hamilton Central|
|Address & Map||
90 Stinson St
Hamilton, ON L8N 1S2
View Google Map
|Intersection||Victoria Ave S and Main St E|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Categories and Classification|
|HCSD Main Heading||Health Care ; Palliative Care / Grief|
|HCSD Sub Heading||Hospice / Palliative Care ; Hospice Care ; Palliative Care|
|Service Categories||Hospice Facilities ; Palliative Care|