||The following information is for people who are concerned about the conflict in the Ukraine, wish to help people travel/immigrate to Canada or who wish to donate to Ukrainians affected by the conflict
Emergency Contact Information for Canadians
For consular assistance in Ukraine, contact the Emergency Watch and Response Centre:
Telephone: +1 613-996-8885
SMS: +1 613-686-3658
Information on Immigrating to Canada for Ukrainians Currently Outside Canada
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has a helpline for Ukraine inquiries, available in Canada and abroad, 613-321-4243 - collect calls accepted. Inquirers can add keyword Ukraine2022 to IRCC Web form with questions and the email will be prioritized.
Ukraine2Canada Travel Fund
- IRCC prioritizing applications for permanent residency (PR), refugee status, temporary residence and grants of citizenship for adoption for Ukrainian nationals
- Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET) available to Ukrainians who want to come to Canada temporarily; it eliminates many visa requirements. Eligible Ukrainian nationals may stay in Canada for up to 3 years so long as they meet the criteria of CUAET.
- Canada granting exemptions for unvaccinated and partially vaccinated Ukrainian nationals to enter Canada, see vaccination exemption
- Canadians/Canadian companies donating their Aeroplan points to support flights for Ukrainians to Canada can do so via Air Canada and Miles4Migrants websites. Canadians wanting to give cash can do so via Travel & Settlement Fund at the Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto
- program open to Ukrainian nationals and accompanying family members who hold valid Canadian travel documents and have been approved for travel to Canada. Details on program access will be given in the coming weeks.
Link of Resources for Those Wanting to Help the People of Ukraine
Unless otherwise noted, donations are financial only. As of June 14, 2022, none of the organizations on this list appear to be taking in-kind donations (though Save the Children will accept donations of cars - see their website for details). If it was found that organizations take securities, cryptocurrency or Aeroplan miles, this was noted
Canadian Red Cross:
UNCHR - The UN Refugee Agency
- local wing of an international emergency relief organization.
- helping individuals who have been forced to flee their homes stay safe and find shelter
Help us Help
- collection of charities providing urgent aid in Ukraine; put Ukraine into search to find a list of charities taking donations. Financial aid, and gifts of securities, mutual funds and cryptocurrency are accepted.
- works with established networks on the ground in Ukraine. Current projects include First Responder Medical Support, Relocation Support, Mental Health Hub Expansion, Anti-Human Trafficking and Humanitarian Aid
Médecins sans frontières (Doctors Without Borders)
- provides disaster relief and humanitarian aid.
- donations will go to support those exiting Ukraine into neighbouring countries as well as to people still in Ukraine
- financial donations, cryptocurrency, gifts of securities/mutual funds and Aeroplan miles accepted
- humanitarian group that is resupplying Ukraine's hospitals, providing training to Ukrainian medical staff in treating mass casualties and assessing needs and assisting Ukrainian refugees in neighbouring countries
- financial donations, Aeroplan miles and gifts of mutual funds, stocks and bonds are accepted
Razom for Ukraine:
- Toronto-based registred charity that co-ordinates Canadian charitable aid to Ukraine.
- U.S. based pro-democracy group that has been fundraising for medical supplies in Ukraine
- financial donations, cryptocurrency and gifts of securities are accepted
Focused on Children
Save the Children:
- responding to the need in Ukraine by providing families and children with health, education, protection, water, basic need supplies, and sanitation
Voices of Children:
- an international NGO delivering emergency aid to Ukrainian families. Financial donations and donations of cars are accepted.
- offers psychological support to children affected by the war in Ukraine and assisting families with children to evacuate. Financial donations and cryptocurrency are accepted.
- a Ukraine-based, English-language independent news media outlet.