[ Browse by Service Category : Topics Related to Alternative Sentencing/Supervision (30) ]

Record Suspension Assistance

Programs that provide assistance for people who want to submit a petition to the Parole Board of Canada requesting a record suspension (formerly called a pardon) under the Criminal Records Act. Record suspensions allow people who were convicted of a criminal offence, but who have completed their sentence and demonstrated they are law-abiding citizens for a prescribed number of years, to have their criminal record kept separate and apart from other criminal records (in effect removed from public access). Record suspensions do not erase a conviction, and do not allow people to say that they do not have a criminal record.

[ View Programs and Services (4) | Related Topics ]

The above terms and definitions are part of the Taxonomy of Human Services, used here by permission of INFO LINE of Los Angeles.

Any omissions are unintentional and HIP disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of this site. For a complete copyright and license statement please refer to our Terms of Use.