Recycling Revisited - Assistant Volunteer Coordinator
(Community Development Halton, Volunteer Halton)
|Comments||Recycling Revisited is a Registered not-for-profit organization. We are in our 8th year after reviving our original organization which pioneered recycling in Canada (1970-1983). That early organization had the name "Citizens' Committee for Pollution Control" (CCPC). Our new name as a registered Non-Profit is "Recycling Revisited Inc." Our Mission is to keep the CCPC story alive in public memory, for the purpose of inspiring citizens to take action on their current concerns about the environment in these days of climate change. We have a Board, a Development Committee, Subcommittees, Volunteers and a group of CCPC veterans called "Friends of Recycling Revisited".|
|Contact||Roberta McGregor, Volunteer Coordinator, President, Recycling Revisited Inc.; Phone: 905-318-9566; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||We're looking for an individual to assist in managing volunteers. |
1. Working closely with the Volunteer Coordinator, to manage the wave of new volunteers.
2. Staying aware of Board decisions about new or changed programs for volunteer placement.
3. Staying in frequent phone or email contact, to ensure that every new volunteer is contacted promptly and given orientation to the history, values, and projects of the organization.
4. Doing your utmost to learn enough about the individual volunteer to ensure that we find an appropriate “fit” for the individual.
5. Ensure that the new volunteer is thriving in the volunteer position.
5. In the case of an unhappy or discontented volunteer, collaborate closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to rectify the situation. Ideally, you will collaborate with one other member of the Committee, who could replace you in situations of absence
|More Info Link||https://recycling-revisited.ca/|
|Benefits||Satisfaction in being a problem-solver to make the lives of others more fulfilling, and preventing |
Assisting the Coordinator by sharing her workload; providing assistance in the situation of upset individuals, problem solving
|Clients||Volunteers and parents of volunteers|
|Ages||25 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students|
|Areas of Interest||Nature / Environment ; Volunteer Coordination ; Volunteer from Home / Virtual|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Counseling & Support ; Customer Service ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Leadership ; Listening Skills ; Mentoring & Training ; Patience ; Planning & Organizing ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Team Work ; Web & IT ; Working with Children ; This individual would be the collaborator for the Coordinator|
|Commitment Length||Medium Term (4 months to 1 year) ; Long Term ; This person needs to have the stability and skills to step into the Coordinator position in the case of the Coordinator's absence.|
|Interaction Level||One-on-one ; Small Group ; Large Group ; Virtual Volunteering|
|Location||Virtual from your own home|
|Number of Positions||Burlington: 1 individual(s) ; Hamilton: 1 individual(s) |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Our orientation includes our Mission, values, history of the organization, current goals, projects and emerging plans.|
|Application Deadline||29 Nov 2021|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Start Date||On or after 29 Nov 2021|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Community Development Halton, Volunteer Halton|
|Toll Free Phone||1-855-395-8807|
|Address & Map|
3350 South Service Rd
Burlington, ON L7N 3M6
View Google Map