Nanny Angel Volunteer Child Care Support
(Nanny Angel Network)
|Comments||Change a life one child at a time, become a Nanny Angel! |
Imagine a world where every mother with cancer receives the care needed for her children – so she has enough time to care for herself. Now, also imagine a world where every child receives the support they need to cope with their mother’s illness or death.
The Nanny Angel Network (NAN) offers rewarding positions for skilled childcare providers who are looking to make a difference in the lives of families.
Nanny Angels provide free, specialized in-home relief childcare support for mothers who have been diagnosed with cancer, for those requiring palliative care and for families requiring additional relief during the bereavement period. Nanny Angels lessen the impact of cancer on families, by engaging children in enjoyable, age-appropriate activities to help reduce any stress or anxiety they may be experiencing due to their mom’s illness or death. By visiting weekly, building trust, and having fun, Nanny Angels help mothers gain the confidence and peace of mind to rest or attend appointments, knowing their
children are cared for and supported by knowledgeable and compassionate volunteers.
Nanny Angels receive specialized training in children’s grief and bereavement and receive the support of NAN’s Child Life Specialist.
|Contact||Divya Harchandani, Recruitment Specialist, Nanny Angel Network; Phone: 416-730-0025 ext 7; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||• Provide fun, educational, creative, and safe experiences for the children. |
• Minimum six-month commitment to ensure support during the duration of a mom’s cancer treatment and recovery.
• Four (4) hours of childcare service per week to the same family.
• Volunteers are matched with families based on compatibility and location within the Greater Toronto Area
Kindly note, the role is not that of a babysitter, housekeeper, or personal assistant – a Nanny Angel’s primary focus is engaging and supporting the children.
* STRICT COVID POLICIES IN EFFECT*
-Volunteers undergo training on COVID- 19 policies and procedures. Strict Covid-19 policies in effect that are followed at every visit.
-Every volunteer is provided with masks, sanitizers, cleaning wipes and a clean NAN uniform.
-Prior to each shift, volunteers are required to go over Health and safety questionnaire with their family.
- If answer to any of the questions is a YES, visits are suspended immediately, and volunteers are asked to contact NAN and individual is asked to contact their primary care provider or telehealth for further direction on clinical assessment. For detailed COVID- 19 policies, please visit our website.
|More Info Link||www.nannyangelnetwork.com|
|Clients||Provide support during the duration of a mom’s cancer treatment and recovery|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+)|
|Areas of Interest||Child & Family Services ; Child Care ; Social Interaction|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Patience ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Working with Children|
|Commitment Length||Long Term - 6 month. 4 hours a week|
|Minimum Hours||4 / Week|
|Number of Positions||Acton ; Burlington ; Georgetown ; Hamilton ; Milton ; Oakville |
20 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided|
|Cost||Willing to Obtain - Vulnerable Police check and First Aid CPR - Level C or BSL|
|Additional Requirements||Qualifications |
• Individuals with one year of recent (within three years) paid or volunteer experience with children, including but not limited to:
• Social Work
• Child Life Specialist
• Early Childhood Education
• Daycare associate
• Classroom assistant
• Sports, music, theatre, or art instructor
• Camp Counsellor
• Retired professionals with related experience
• Professional Nanny
• Must be able to present a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening clearance and current First Aid/CPR-Level C.
• Must be able to engage children and adapt engagement approach based on age and ability.
• Experience supporting children requiring special learning accommodations (an asset).
• Be physically able to care for children, including standing, lifting, bending, and kneeling as required.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
How to apply
• Visit the Getting Started page on our website to complete your application and begin the recruitment process.
• Questions can be directed to Divya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Learn more about what we do by visiting our website at www.nannyangelnetwork.com. There’s a family in your community waiting for their very own Nanny Angel
|Start Date||On or after 26 Apr 2021|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Nanny Angel Network|