Girls Talk Group Facilitator - Youth Aiding Youth
(ROCK, Burlington - Pearl St - Head Office)
|Comments||The Youth Aiding Youth program at ROCK is seeking responsible, dedicated and mature volunteers to help facilitate our Girl Talk social skills group for girls between the ages of 6-12 years old. This position will include planning and facilitating the social skills group with a team of volunteers.|
|Contact||Faye Fakhereddin, Youth Aiding Youth Program Coordinator, ROCK - Reach Out Centre For Kids; Phone: 905 333-5548; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||- Alongside a team of volunteer group facilitators, facilitate a weekly social skills group for girls ages 6-12. |
- Prepare for each weekly session of the group by following the Youth Aiding Youth program manual/curriculum.
- Plan activities (including games, crafts, role playing, etc.) pertaining to the weekly topics.
- Facilitate group discussions pertaining to the weekly topics.
- Prepare weekly progress reports for each child in attendance.
- Manage behaviours and use quick problem solving.
- Create a fun, friendly, welcoming and inviting environment so that all children feel comfortable attending the group and enjoy their experience.
- Notify the YAY Program Coordinator of any concerns within the group.
- Debrief with the YAY Program Facilitator at the end of each session.
Previous experience working with children, working in or towards a career in social work, education, mental health services, etc. considered an asset.
|More Info Link||www.youthaidingyouth-rock.com/yay-volunteer-opportunities.html|
|Benefits||- Gain experience working with children in a mental health setting. |
- Gain experience working with children in a group setting.
- Gain leadership and teamwork skills.
- Gain group facilitation skills.
|Clients||Youth Aiding Youth (YAY) is a targeted prevention program for children between the ages of 6-12 who are "at-risk" of developing mental health challenges in the future. YAY offers free social skills groups for kids who need help developing their confidence, self-esteem, and social skills with their peers.|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Post-secondary students|
|Areas of Interest||Arts & Crafts ; Child & Family Services ; Counselling ; Education Support (Elementary / Secondary) ; Education Support (Tutoring / Instruction) ; Games ; Life Skills Support ; Mentorship / Leadership ; Program Coordination / Support ; Recreation & Sports ; Social Interaction ; Support Group Facilitation ; Therapy ; Youth & Activity Camp Support ; Youth Engagement ; Youth Services|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Counseling & Support ; Creativity ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Leadership ; Listening Skills ; Mentoring & Training ; Patience ; Planning & Organizing ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Public Speaking ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Team Work ; Working with Children ; Should be outgoing, possess leadership skills, and work well on a team.|
|Commitment Length||Short Term - 10 weeks minimum|
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Minimum Hours||3 / Week|
|Dates and Times||Tuesday: Afternoon (3:00 - 5:00pm) |
Wednesday: Evening (5:30 to 8:00 pm)
Tuesday - Acton
Wednesday - Oakville
|Seasons||Spring ; Fall ; Winter ; This 10 week program is offered in Acton and Oakville twice throughout the school year. |
Fall Session: October - December
Winter/Spring Session: February - April
|Location||Acton - Our Kids Network Hub, 69 Acton Blvd; Oakville - ROCK Oakville Office, 504 Iroquois Shore Rd.|
|Number of Positions||Acton: 2 individual(s) ; Oakville: 2 individual(s) |
4 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided ; Scheduled training ; Training on the job|
|Transportation||Near public transit ; Car required ; Acton is not accessible by bus.|
|Cost||$25.00 to cover the cost of a Police Check|
|Additional Requirements||1. Must undergo an interview with the YAY Program Coordinator. |
2. Must provide three professional references.
3. Must sign a confidentiality agreement.
4. Must attain a Police Security Clearance (18 yrs +).
5. Must attend a mandatory group training session.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||ROCK, Burlington - Pearl St - Head Office|
|Office Phone||Intake for all locations 905-634-2347 ext 1439; |
|Address & Map|
471 Pearl St
Burlington, ON L7R 4M4
View Google Map