Advisory Committee Member
(Central West Specialized Developmental Services, Oakville - Main Office, Developmental Services)
|Comments||CWSDS is looking for community members to sit on the Advisory Council. Interested applicants need to have experience with persons with an intellectual and developmental disability.|
|Contact||Lisa Cranstoun, Executive Assistant & Partner Liaison, Central West Specialized Developmental Services; Phone: 905-844-7864 ext 322; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||- To serve in an advisory capacity and make recommendations on matters that impact the persons we serve and family experience at Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS). |
- The Council acts in an advisory capacity to ensure the persons we support and family voice are integrated in the planning, delivery and evaluation of services at Central West Specialized Developmental Services.
- To assist the Board in providing exceptional care to the people of our communities.
- The people we serve will become more involved in the organization's care, safety and service improvement initiatives.
- The Council will ensure that the perspective of the persons we support and their families are always incorporated into organizational activities.
- The Advisory council members will be ambassadors and champions for Central West Specialized Developmental Services in the community.
|More Info Link||www.cwsds.ca|
|Clients||Persons that are 18 years and older that have an intellectual and developmental disability and complex needs.|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Persons with a physical disability ; Persons with a visual impairment ; Workplaces / Corporate Groups|
|Areas of Interest||Committees ; Community Outreach ; Program Coordination / Support ; Special Needs / Differently Abled ; Volunteer from Home / Virtual|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Creativity ; Customer Service ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Elder Care ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Leadership ; Legal Skills ; Medical Assistance ; Mentoring & Training ; Patience ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Team Work ; Writing & Editing|
|Commitment Length||Medium Term (4 months to 1 year)|
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Seasons||Spring ; Fall ; Winter ; The Council will meet a minimum of 5 times in a calendar year – January, March, May, September, and November or at the request of the Co-Chairs. The meetings will be held virtually or in person if required.|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; Wheelchair accessible automatic main entrance ; Easy access to elevator ; Meetings will be held virtually until such time as we are able to have non-essential visitors on site.|
|Number of Positions||Acton ; Ancaster ; Burlington ; Georgetown ; Milton ; Oakville |
5 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation - A general orientation to the organization will be provided.|
|Transportation||Near public transit|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Start Date||On or after 07 Sep 2021|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Central West Specialized Developmental Services, Oakville - Main Office, Developmental Services|
|Address & Map|
53 Bond St
Oakville, ON L6K 1L8
View Google Map