Volunteer Truck Driver
(Halton Fresh Food Box)
|Comments||An active person in good physical health with a general valid drivers license and a good driving record. No special licence is required.|
|Contact||Brenda Moher, Program Manager, Halton Fresh Food Box; Phone: 905-634-8645 * 905-484-9603; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||Driver picks up truck from rental agency and brings truck to packing site unless directed to another place to pick up supplies to bring to the packing site. |
• Delivery team oversees loading of boxes onto the truck. Work with lead shipper to ensure correct number of boxes are on truck.
• Driver takes the lead to ensure the truck has a balanced load and that boxes of different sizes are easily accessible when reach drop sites.
• Driver or Volunteer assistant reviews delivery order with box packing coordinator at the packing site before leaving on delivery. There may be minor changes each month to the delivery route.
• Drive orders to drop-sites as required. Determine best route to meet schedule.
Substantial lifting and walking is required. Boxes sometimes exceed 25 lbs.
• When arrive at drop sites – Volunteer assistant and driver meet and greet volunteer drop site coordinator. Together using a dolly unload the boxes to the designated area. Driver and delivery assistant work together to offload as a team with shared work load.
• The drivers and delivery personnel (two people on the truck at all times) are the community face of the program. Must be willing to be a good ambassadors for the non-profit program which is nearly 100% volunteer operated.
|More Info Link||www.haltonfreshfoodbox.com|
|Benefits||Meet many new people. |
Help those most in need access healthy food
Get to know your community better
|Clients||Majority of Halton Fresh Food Box clients are people living on limited incomes or who are experiencing challenges accessing healthy foods. The Halton Fresh Food Box is a incorporated not for profit and is an equitable food access program.|
|Ages||25 year(s) - 65 year(s)|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Post-secondary students|
|Areas of Interest||Food Services / Nutrition ; General Manpower / Physical Labour ; Transportation / Driver / Delivery|
|Skills/Experience||Previous experience driving a cube truck is preferred |
Do not need to be a professional truck driver
|Commitment Length||One day a month for between 3 and 5 hours depending on the community|
|Minimum Hours||3 / Month|
|Number of Positions||Acton: 1 individual(s) ; Burlington: 1 individual(s) ; Georgetown: 1 individual(s) ; Milton: 1 individual(s) ; Oakville: 1 individual(s) |
5 individual(s) needed in total.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Halton Fresh Food Box|
|Address & Map|
St Christopher's Anglican Church (office and work location)
662 Guelph Line
Burlington, ON L7R 3M8
View Google Map