(Halton Baby-Friendly Initiative)
|Comments||Halton Baby-Friendly Initiative (HBFI) is a non-profit community coalition consisting of health care professionals and people who support breast-feeding. The organization is seeking an Events Manager.|
|Contact||Amy Truc Nguyen, Halton Baby-Friendly Initiative; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||Halton Baby-Friendly Initiative is seeking a volunteer who is creative, enthusiastic, and highly organized to fill the key role of Event Manager, to volunteer with the Halton Baby-Friendly Initiative Executive Team. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to bring their passion for events to life and create and collaborate with the HBFI Executive team. The role will assume overall responsibility with the support from the Executive team for the successful end-to-end delivery of our events and above all delivery of inspiring events for our clients and community. |
• Works together with the Executive team to decide which events HBFI will participate in, and host.
• Annual events:
HBFI participates in Multicultural Event, and Oakville and Burlington Children’s Festivals
HBFI hosts Spring Movie, World Breastfeeding Week Family Picnic, and Canadian Breastfeeding Week Family Hike
• Leads event planning work groups. Ensuring that events run on time; that all stakeholders are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
• Oversee all production, set-up, volunteers, event operations, and event signage
• Prepares and submits all applications to relevant City offices for event venues before cut-off dates.
• Arranges all aspects of events: insurance, permits, event budgets, entertainment, food, participating partners, door prizes, giveaways, and baby changing area.
• Collaborates with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure appropriate\ volunteers are required at all events, and volunteer certificates after events
• Oversees fundraising and donations for events.
• Collaborates with Website Coordinator and Social Media Coordinators for the promotion of community events, including advertising, posters, and distribution.
• Reports progress and updates at meetings or communicates report to the executive if unable to attend meetings.
• Provide post-event analysis by holding an event debrief.
• Prepares an annual report for the AGM.
• Manage the storage of materials for events
|More Info Link||https://www.babyfriendlyhalton.ca/|
|Clients||Families and individuals|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+)|
|Areas of Interest||Community Outreach ; Education Support (Early Years) ; Event Coordination & Support ; Marketing & Promotions ; Program Coordination / Support|
|Skills/Experience||Accounting & Finance ; Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Customer Service ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; General Computer Skills ; Listening Skills ; Marketing & PR ; Patience ; Planning & Organizing ; Public Speaking ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Team Work ; Web & IT|
|Commitment Length||Long Term|
|Interaction Level||Small Group ; Large Group|
|Minimum Hours||5 / Week|
|Number of Positions||Acton ; Burlington ; Georgetown ; Milton ; Oakville |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Halton Baby-Friendly Initiative|
|Office Phone||905-825-6000 ext 2925|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-442-5866|
|Address & Map|
Halton Region, ON
|Mailing Address||c/o Halton Baby-Friendly Initiative |
Halton Regional Centre
1151 Bronte Rd
Oakville, ON L6M 3L1