(Northridge Long Term Care Centre)
|Contact||Amanda Pantin, Recreation Manager, Northridge LTC; Phone: 905-257-9882 ext 2005; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||- Sign in at volunteer sign in and put on name tag. |
- Report to recreation staff to be notified of specific tasks and duties to be performed during activity
- Follow direction and instructions of recreation staff, by inviting and assisting the resident to the designated program area. This may including pushing residents in their wheelchairs.
- Follow instructions for specific activities. Provide residents with verbal encouragement.
- Upon completion of program assists residents back to their home area.
- Assist with program area clean up.
- Notify program staff of any issues or concerns that arose from the visit.
|Benefits||- Providing the opportunity to link seniors within the community |
- To provide cognitive and sensory stimulation
- To provide opportunities for enjoyment
|Clients||Seniors * Cognitive impairments * Physical impairments|
|Ages||15 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Youth (12-18) ; Highschool students ; Post-secondary students ; Couples|
|Areas of Interest||Games ; Gardening / Yard Work ; Program Coordination / Support ; Reading / Literacy ; Senior's Activity Support ; Social Interaction|
|Skills/Experience||Confidentiality ; Creativity ; Customer Service ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Elder Care ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Listening Skills ; Patience ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor|
|Commitment Length||Medium Term (4 months to 1 year) ; Long Term|
|Interaction Level||One-on-one ; Small Group ; Large Group|
|Minimum Hours||2 / Month|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; Designated parking at entrance ; Wheelchair accessible automatic main entrance ; Easy access to elevator|
|Location||496 Postridge Drive, Oakville|
|Number of Positions||Oakville: 10 individual(s) |
10 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided ; Training on-going|
|Transportation||Near public transit|
|Cost||Police check, VSS and TB test|
|Additional Requirements||Vulnerable Sector Screening |
2 step TB test
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Northridge Long Term Care Centre|
|Toll Free Phone||1-877-929-9222|
|Address & Map|
496 Postridge Dr
Oakville, ON L6H 7A2
View Google Map