Nanny Angel - Childcare Volunteer
(Nanny Angel Network)
|Comments||We’re here for moms with cancer. The Nanny Angel Network (NAN) is a registered charity providing free, professional relief childcare for GTA mothers with cancer with children 16 and under, and offer compassionate support to families throughout treatment, recovery, palliative care and bereavement. |
Imagine a world where every mother with cancer receives the care needed for her children – so she has enough time to care for herself. The Nanny Angel Network offers rewarding positions for skilled childcare providers who are looking to make a difference.
|Contact||Angie Destefano, Manager of Volunteer engagement, Nanny Angel Network; Phone: 416-730-0025 ext 7; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||Nanny Angels provide free, specialized in-home relief childcare support for mothers who have been diagnosed with cancer, for those requiring palliative care and for families requiring additional relief during the bereavement period. All of our Nanny Angels have two important things in common: their love of children and their commitment to providing excellent, dependable childcare for mothers with cancer. |
Become a Nanny Angel! How you can help:
• Provide fun, educational, creative and safe experiences for the children
• Minimum 6 months of commitment to ensure support during the duration of a mom’s cancer treatment and recovery
• 4 hours of childcare service per week to the same family
• Volunteers are matched with families based on compatibility and location within the Greater Toronto Area: Halton, Peel, York, Durham Regions and the City of Toronto.
The role is not that of a babysitter, housekeeper or personal assistant – Nanny Angels are there to engage and support the children
|More Info Link||https://nannyangelnetwork.com/get-involved/|
|Benefits||- Gain practical hands-on relief childcare, while making a difference in the lives of children and families navigating their mother's cancer. Create a life-long bond with a family in need of specialized support services. |
- Receive extensive training in the areas of understanding cancer and the effects of cancer on the family, providing bereavement support and practising self-care.
- Receive ongoing support from the NAN team including our Child-Life Specialist and Family Experience Coordinator.
|Ages||18 year(s) - 75 year(s)|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students|
|Areas of Interest||Child & Family Services ; Child Care ; Distress / Crisis / Bereavement Support|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; First Aid ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Listening Skills ; Patience ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Working with Children|
|Commitment Length||Medium Term (4 months to 1 year)|
|Interaction Level||One-on-one ; Small Group|
|Minimum Hours||4 / Week|
|Dates and Times||Position Specific Work Schedule |
Flexible according to volunteer availability and our client's support needs.
|Number of Positions||Acton ; Burlington ; Georgetown ; Milton ; Oakville |
10 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided|
|Application Deadline||01 Apr 2019|
|Additional Requirements||• One year of recent professional childcare experience or registered in a childcare focused program |
• Professional Nannies
• Teachers, Social Workers, Paediatric Nurses and Child Life Specialists
• Early Childhood Educators
• Students currently enrolled in professional programs stated above
• Camp Counselors with cumulative experience
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Vulnerable Sector police clearance, current CPR and First Aid training (can be arranged through NAN)
|Start Date||On or after 01 Apr 2019|
|End Date||30 Sep 2019|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Nanny Angel Network|