Daffodil Days Campaign Lead
(Canadian Cancer Society, Halton Community Office, Cancer Support Services)
|Comments||In your role, you will be helping the Canadian Cancer Society raise funds for cancer research and to provide support for people living with cancer. Your strong leadership and organizational skills will provide guidance in your community to raise funds and awareness in the fight against cancer.|
|Contact||Sandy McDonald, Coordinator, Volunteer Engagement, Canadian Cancer Society, Halton Community Office; Phone: 905-634-6893; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||• Work collaboratively with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner and Canadian Cancer Society volunteers, providing leadership, support and guidance in planning and implementing Daffodil Days |
• Assist with recruitment, training and coordination of Daffodil Days Captains and day of volunteers.
• Contact a variety of retail outlets to determine their willingness to have a daffodil pin display at their location during Daffodil Month
• Provide support and resources to volunteers as appropriate.
• Deliver supplies and displays at the end of March so they are ready for April and assist with the pick-up/restocking of the displays during and at the end of Daffodil Month
|More Info Link||https://myccsschedule.volunteerhub.com/|
|Benefits||• Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer. |
• Use your skills to promote awareness around cancer issues.
• Participate in local networking opportunities, fostering growth and professional development.
• Provide leadership under the direction of experienced fundraising staff.
• Have fun!
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Community Groups ; Workplaces / Corporate Groups|
|Areas of Interest||Community Outreach ; Marketing & Promotions ; Mentorship / Leadership ; Volunteer Coordination|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Customer Service ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Leadership ; Planning & Organizing ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Team Work|
|Commitment Length||Short Term - March and April|
|Number of Positions||Burlington ; Milton |
5 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided ; Training on the job ; Training on-going|
|Organization Name||Canadian Cancer Society, Halton Community Office, Cancer Support Services|
|Toll Free Phone||Cancer Information Service 1-888-939-3333; |
Quit Smoking Helpline 1-877-513-5333
|Address & Map|
940 Sheldon Court
Burlington, ON L7L 5K6