Social Media Manager
(Oakville Chamber Orchestra, Oakville - Mailing Address)
|Comments||We are a high-quality community chamber orchestra. |
The Oakville Chamber Orchestra (OCO), in its 36th year is a thriving organization with a small cohesive management team. We seek a social media manager who will help manage various social media channels for the OCO. This is a mid-volume and mid-paced Arts orchestra that has marketing peaks around each of four concert weekends during a season. This is a volunteer role that will involve contact with the orchestra members.
Rather than just participate in social media, you have an understanding of how it can be leveraged to benefit patron engagement and brand development. You are detail-oriented, organized, a team player and a self-starter. You take great pride in knowing the latest trends in social content and platform updates. The ever-changing digital landscape intrigues you and you understand social communications across multiple digital touchpoints.
Above all else, you will have an understanding and feeling for the performing arts and the future of orchestral music. The orchestra lives to perform and our purpose is to connect to our public and make continued live music possible.
|Contact||Andrew Cripps, President & Board Chair, Oakville Chamber Orchestra; Phone: 416-602-9685; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||• Work closely with the board and orchestra. |
• Help manage various social media channels for the OCO.
• Amplify key messages via social media, attract qualified followers, drive engagement and increase participation in events and campaigns. You will stay on top of orchestra and audience stories and trends, and breaking news, to seize opportunities to strategically inject OCO into news articles and social discussions.
• Establish, monitor, analyze and communicate PR/social media targets and results. You have great writing skills and an understanding of how to engage and interact with different social media communities.
• Understand social metrics and be able to identify the ‘so what?’ behind them as you’ll be reporting on insights development and measure the success of our campaigns.
What can you expect to do?
• Be curious and constantly seek creativity.
• monitor social media accounts and respond to questions and comments.
• be familiar with the needs of our audience and be able to use social channels accordingly
• report on the success of social media; are we getting more hits, interest and ticket sales.
• assist with the creation of content.
• bring value based upon your experience and interests within the Arts social and advertising space
|More Info Link||www.oakvillechamber.org|
|Benefits||A pair of Season's tickets to all concerts in the Season. Also: |
• The chance to work with a successful, well known brand in Oakville.
• You will work in a space where your creative mind can run free.
• OCO believes that creativity can successfully engage new patrons.
• You can set your own hours and work remotely.
|Clients||Everyone interested in orchestral music and those who have yet to realize they are interested!|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students ; Couples|
|Areas of Interest||Community Outreach ; Computers & IT (Software Related) ; Marketing & Promotions ; Music & Performing Arts ; Social Media ; Volunteer from Home / Virtual ; Writing / Editing|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills - Ability to communicate and attract attention on social media ; Creativity - What is social media if it is not about originality and creating interest ; Dependability & Trustworthiness - Concerts have fixed dates. Publicity has to be out there on time ; Friendly & Outgoing - You need to get the soul of the orchestra out there. You need to be part of it. ; General Computer Skills ; Listening Skills - To spread a message you have to hear it first ; Marketing & PR ; Patience - You never get the message on time and the public takes ages to respond. There are times to wait and times to act. ; Planning & Organizing - Stuff needs to get out there regularly and when needed ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor - This is the only way to be if you want to get things done ; Research - This will definitely help ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently - We will give assistance but at the end of the day the output is up to you ; Team Work - This is what we all aim for but everyone needs to have their own drive to make it work ; Web & IT - Just run the social media and leave the other stuff to the professionals ; Writing & Editing - Of course but always working with the team.|
|Commitment Length||Long Term - It will take some time to get used to the workings of the orchestra and gauge public response. We are starting from a low point and expect to take at least a year to see results. ; This is a role that is most active from August to May during the season but requires sustaining work during the off season to maintain public interest.|
|Interaction Level||Small Group - Interaction with the board and orchestra are essential ; This role communicates collaboratively and often with the whole organization|
|Minimum Hours||10 / Month|
|Dates and Times||Other than during concerts this role can be managed from anywhere. We hold our values dearly: |
• Integrity without compromise
• Self-learning & practitioner mindset
• Dare to dream big and perhaps make mistakes to learn from
• Be Patron centric
• Teamwork and sharing
• Radical candour with courage
|Seasons||Year Round ; There are busy blips around concerts|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; All major venues are accessible and all meetings are currently being held online. For the right candidate we will make sure that this is not an issue.|
|Number of Positions||Oakville: 1 individual(s) |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||A working social media knowledge is required but other learning will happen on the job.|
|Transportation||Public transport in and around Oakville is not that great.|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Additional Requirements||• an organized, focused and dedicated social media marketer who communicates well will be successful in this role |
• attendance at monthly board meetings in person or by ZOOM or alternative.
• a minimum of years experience working in social media marketing and community management
• knowledge in social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, TikTok, YouTube, and emerging platforms
• exceptional writing skills for social content
• demonstrated ability to fully understand social media metrics and what they mean to businesses and brands
• experience working with platform social media management tools would be an advantage
• strong grammar, communication skills, reporting skills
• proficiency in G Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint would be an advantage
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Oakville Chamber Orchestra, Oakville - Mailing Address|
|Office Phone||Toll Free 1-877-532-6787|
|Address & Map|
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||c/o Oakville Chamber Orchestra |
PO Box 76036
1500 Upper Middle Rd W
Oakville, ON L6M 3H5