Social Media Manager
(Oakville Chamber Orchestra)
|Comments||We are a high-quality community chamber orchestra, looking to keep Oakville as the most livable community in the country. |
The Oakville Chamber Orchestra (OCO), in its 36th year is a thriving organization with a small cohesive management team. We seek a social media manager who will help manage various social media channels for the OCO. This is a mid-volume and mid-paced Arts orchestra that has marketing peaks around each of four concert weekends during a season. This is a volunteer role that can be managed from a home office by a Social Media pro with previous relevant experience.
Rather than just participate in social media, you have an understanding of how it can be leveraged to benefit patron engagement and brand development. You are detail-oriented, organized, a team player and a self-starter. You take great pride in knowing the latest trends in social content and platform updates. The ever-changing digital landscape intrigues you and you understand social communications across multiple digital touchpoints.
|Contact||Ephraim Fernandez, President & Board Chair, Oakville Chamber Orchestra; Phone: 647-988-3939; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||• Work closely with the Director Marketing and the Administrative Officer to help achieve the objectives of the Board as implemented by the Music and other Directors. |
• Help manage various social media channels for the OCO.
• Amplify key messages via social media, attract qualified followers, drive engagement and increase participation in events and campaigns. You will stay on top of industry trends, company or customer stories, and breaking news to seize opportunities to strategically inject OCO into timely news articles and social discussions.
• Establish, monitor, analyze and communicate PR/social media targets and results. You have impeccable writing skills and a learned understanding of engaging and interacting with different social media communities.
• Understand social metrics and are able to identify the ‘so what?’ behind them as you’ll be reporting on insights development and some measure the success of our campaigns.
What can you expect to do?
• Be Curious and constantly seek creativity
• monitor social media accounts and respond to questions and comments
• be highly familiar with the tone of the patron and be able to represent across social channels accordingly
• support the creation of monthly trend reports, campaign pulse reports and conduct sentiment analysis
• assist with the creation of organic content (ideation, creative development, copywriting)
• support the management of the monthly content calendars
• participate in research and social listening to uncover insights for strategic planning
• provide thought-starters into new & emerging trends and how they might be applied to current projects and campaigns
• bring value based upon your experience and interests within the Arts social and advertising space
|More Info Link||www.oakvillechamber.org|
|Benefits||A pair of Season's tickets to all concerts in the Season. Also: |
• The chance to work with a successful, well known brand in Oakville.
• You will work in a space where your creative mind can run free.
• We have each other’s back, through thick and thin.
• OCO believes that creativity can successfully engage new patrons.
• You can set your own hours and work remotely.
|Clients||Potentially - all inhabitants of Oakville|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Highschool students ; Post-secondary students|
|Areas of Interest||Community Outreach ; Computers & IT (Software Related) ; Marketing & Promotions ; Music & Performing Arts ; Social Media ; Volunteer from Home / Virtual ; Writing / Editing|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Creativity ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; General Computer Skills ; Listening Skills ; Marketing & PR ; Patience ; Planning & Organizing ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Research ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Team Work ; Web & IT ; Writing & Editing|
|Commitment Length||Medium Term (4 months to 1 year) ; Long Term ; This is a role that is most active from August to May, with more planning in the June-July months in preparation for the next season.|
|Interaction Level||Solitary ; One-on-one ; Small Group ; Virtual Volunteering ; This role communicates collaboratively and often with the Director of Marketing and the AO.|
|Minimum Hours||10 / Month|
|Dates and Times||Other than during concerts this role can be managed from anywhere. We hold our values dearly: |
• Integrity without compromise
• Self-learning & practitioner mindset
• Dare to dream big and perhaps make mistakes to learn from
• Be Patron centric
• Teamwork and sharing
• Radical candour with courage
|Seasons||Spring ; Fall ; Winter ; There are busy blips around concerts|
|Accessibility||You would not need to attend at any OCO office and managing a SM strategy can be managed remotely.|
|Number of Positions||Oakville: 1 individual(s) |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Training on the job ; Training on-going ; An organized, focused and dedicated social media marketer who communicates well will be successful in this role|
|Transportation||Driver License required ; Car required|
|Application Deadline||31 Oct 2019|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Additional Requirements||• an organized, focused and dedicated social media marketer who communicates well will be successful in this role |
• attendance at monthly board meetings in person or by ZOOM or alternative.
• a minimum of years experience working in social media marketing and community management
• extensive knowledge in social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, TikTok, YouTube, and emerging platforms
• exceptional writing skills for social content
• demonstrated ability to fully understand social media metrics and what they mean to businesses and brands
• experience working with platform social media management tools such as Sprinklr, Sysomos & Social Bakers
• strong grammar, communication skills, reporting skills and proficiency in G Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
|Start Date||On or after 10 Oct 2019|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Oakville Chamber Orchestra|
|Address & Map|
St Simon's Church (rehearsal location)
1450 Litchfield Rd
Oakville, ON L6H 5P4
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||c/o Oakville Chamber Orchestra |
PO Box 76036
1500 Upper Middle Rd W
Oakville, ON L6M 3H5