Youth Aiding Youth - Community Outreach Volunteer
(ROCK, Burlington - Pearl St - Head Office)
|Comments||The Youth Aiding Youth program at ROCK is seeking professional, outgoing and dedicated volunteers to perform outreach within the Halton community for the purpose of volunteer recruitment. This role will involve hosting information tables at various events such as community wellness/volunteer fairs and volunteer recruitment drives at secondary schools within the Halton region.|
|Contact||Faye Fakhereddin, Youth Aiding Youth Program Coordinator; Phone: 905-634-2347 ext 1269; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||Interested Candidates will be: |
-Age 18 years and older
-Capable of traveling to various locations within the Halton community
-Comfortable with public speaking and presenting to small crowds
-Capable of having a flexible schedule with the ability to commit to daytime, evening and weekend outreach opportunities
Duties will include:
- Research opportunities for community outreach and volunteer recruitment.
- Liaise with community agencies and secondary schools in Halton.
- Display an organized and appealing visual presentation.
- Host tables at various events such as community wellness/volunteer fairs and volunteer recruitment drives at secondary schools.
- Participate in on-going training in order to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of ROCK services, specifically the Youth Aiding Youth program and other youth engagement initiatives.
- Effectively engage attendees while discussing/presenting information regarding ROCK services, particularly volunteer opportunities at Youth Aiding Youth.
- Distribute volunteer recruitment posters in the community and within secondary schools.
- Engage community agencies and secondary schools through YAY’s social media accounts while at community events.
- Debrief with YAY Program Coordinator at the end of each event.
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Post-secondary students|
|Areas of Interest||Child & Family Services ; Community Outreach ; Health Care ; Human Resources / Interviewing ; Mentorship / Leadership ; Volunteer Coordination|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Creativity ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Listening Skills ; Planning & Organizing ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Public Speaking ; Research ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Working with Children|
|Commitment Length||Medium Term (4 months to 1 year) - 9 months - 1 year|
|Interaction Level||Small Group ; Large Group|
|Dates and Times||Monday: Morning, Afternoon |
Tuesday: Morning, Afternoon
Wednesday: Morning, Afternoon
Thursday: Morning, Afternoon
Friday: Morning, Afternoon
Must have some open day time availability during the week
|Location||Multiple locations throughout Halton: Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Georgetown and Acton|
|Number of Positions||Acton ; Burlington ; Georgetown ; Milton ; Oakville |
10 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Training is provided ; Training on the job ; Training on-going|
|Cost||$25.00 to cover police check|
|Additional Requirements||1. Must undergo an interview with the YAY Program Coordinator. |
2. Must provide three professional references.
3. Must sign a confidentiality agreement.
4. Must attain a Police Security Clearance (18 yrs +).
5. Must participate in on the job training.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||ROCK, Burlington - Pearl St - Head Office|
|Office Phone||Intake for all locations 905-634-2347 ext 1439; |
|Address & Map|
471 Pearl St
Burlington, ON L7R 4M4
View Google Map