You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Guide / Greeter
There are 19 record(s) that match your criteria.
Greet and assist with customer purchases, handle money transactions, merchandise products.
* Nature - Saturday April 26
* Mental Wellness - Saturday July 11
* Physical Activity - Saturday August 15
Tasks will include: prepping materials, set up, tear down, greeting, supporting event team, taking pictures, and more!
• Assist in answering phone calls
• Periodically review merchandise on shelves to further assist customer inquiries
• Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers;
• Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required;
• Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times;
• Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making appropriate referrals when appropriate;
• Other duties as required.
The role of the Cashier is to provide assistance to the ReStore with front line cash operations. This support allows HFH Halton to raise funds to cover the affiliate’s operational costs and build homes in the Halton community.
Responsible to: The ReStore Staff member on duty
Screening Process: Provide two references
- Registration - Friday, June 5, 2020 - shifts from 10 - 6 pm and Saturday - June 6th shifts from 9 am- 8 pm (20 spots)
- Security (21+), General (10 spots), Finish Line (10 spots)
This is a fun night in downtown Burlington on Saturday, June 6, 2020
The volunteer may participate in various activities within the market including:
-Call market numbers, greet clients as they enter the food bank, ensure that the store is not overwhelmed by too many clients shopping at a single time, ensure bags are kept at the front of the store.
-Assist clients requiring help with their shopping baskets or with bagging, monitor the items in the fridge and ensure the proper amount is being fairly given, help clients make informed choices with food availability
-Enter checkout items on the register while monitoring total basket, ensure that vouchers are marked correctly, oversee items leaving the food bank and make sure they are allotted on the vouchers, totalling the final sales at the end of day and recording sales numbers.
Badge Program Assistant – Museum badge programs are designed specifically for Sparks, Brownies, Girl Guides, Cubs and Scouts. Volunteer duties may include assisting with the craft and/or tour segment or another program component, to helping with program set-up and clean-up.
Availability – October to May (primarily early evenings, occasional weekend day)
Camp & Club Program Assistant – This position is perfect for the creative-minded who enjoys working with children. Duties may include assisting with the delivery of camp programs, the craft and/or tour segment or another program component, to helping with program set-up and clean-up. Camps are operated during P.A. Days, March Break, Summer and seasonal celebration camps. Availability – throughout the year
Based on your background, expertise & special interest, you could help with various organizational initiatives such as marketing, communication, social media, event management & coordination, youth & community engagement, fundraising, donations, program support, administrative support, coaching, recreation, program activities, teaching assistance, education support, general assistance, transportation, food prep, kitchen work, meal preparation, usher, server, games, sports etc.
- Greet customers
- Help customers find outfits and accessories
- Record details about consigned and/or donated items on our user friendly computer system
- Tag clothes and items with prices
- Hang and display merchandise
- Cashier (if you are interested in this position, the shop will provide additional training)
- The shop does not operate throughout the summer months.
- assisting audience members to their seats
- ensuring the safety of the audience members at events, under the supervision of the Theatre staff
- checking tickets at ticketed events
- providing information to patrons about events at the theatre
- maintaining the basic tidiness of the theatre seating area and lobby
- assisting with Coat Check when needed
Attend and participate in monthly planning meetings (2 hrs per month).
Participate in work groups to create/edit resources, plan and host community events for families.
Assist staff with the organization of resource materials.
- engage visitors in conversations and dialogues regarding the museum's collections and temporary exhibitions
- ensure memorable and positive visits, including ensuring comfort and safety of visitors while fostering educational growth
- participate in specialized programs that may be developed (i.e. Docents in the Schools, Speakers Bureau, Drawing in Galleries, Family Tour etc.)
- seek clarification and guidance from Cultural Centre staff when needed
- To assist with answer phone, transfer calls, take messages, as well as answering door, welcoming visitors, escorting visitors to residents rooms
- Taking, coffee, tea, snacks to residents rooms
- Light housekeeping
- Offering support to residents and families
courteous and professional service.
- Answer questions or direct to the correct staff person if necessary to appropriately answer.
- To respond to and handle house disturbances.
- To assist anyone who requires assistance or special seating arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned