You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Manual Labour / Physical Labour
There are 9 record(s) that match your criteria.
o Arrive at KSM at the scheduled time to pick up food parcels and load car
o Follow route to clients addresses, following the drop off instructions on the list provided
o If contact cannot be made, return the food parcels to KSM
o Contact the Community Delivery Coordinator if any issues arise along the route and also to confirm deliveries have been made
o Shred documents containing client information once deliveries are complete
o Represent KSM in a positive and caring way with our clients and in the community
o Help to load and unload deliveries, putting items away in designated locations.
o Engage with food donors ensuring they are appreciated, weigh donations, and input the donations into the tracking system accurately.
o Shuffle inventory in storage locations as needed to maintain a steady flow of product following a first-in-first-out process.
o Organize food in refrigeration units and ensure that the unit temperatures are maintained.
o Keep the KSM warehouse and work areas clean and organized according to warehouse processes. Take out recycling and other clutter as needed.
o Maintain a courteous and professional manner with staff and other volunteers
o Occasionally accompany KSM staff to go offsite and help with additional loading and receiving tasks
Since BurlingtonGreen began hosting this inclusive event in 2011, a whopping 110,950+ participants have joined these collective efforts, resulting in cleaner and greener parks, streams, schoolyards and neighbourhoods. You can participate in this eco-action activity through to October 31!
Please note that the community’s health and safety is of utmost importance to us, please follow Halton COVID-19 safety guidelines to ensure your personal safety and those around you prior to choosing to participate in any eco-activities or tips shared by BurlingtonGreen.
Visit www.burlingtongreen.org for further details and to sign up to participate!
- Usher audience members into the Church, provide programs and sometimes assist in seating more elderly audience members.
- Assist in staging of concerts, moving piano, chairs and stands before and clearing chairs after the concert, etc .
We are looking for volunteers with an interest in:
- understanding how an orchestra concert is presented
- providing excellent customer service to OCO patrons
- helping set up the stage & box office before concerts and tear-down post-concert
- ushering and interacting with patrons
- assisting in raffle and soloist flower presentations
- assisting with intermission reception preparation, execution & clean-up
Do you like working with historical artifacts; cataloguing items; moving objects; outdoor yard work; parking cars; meeting people and participating in events? Our volunteer opportunities are vast and varied.