You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Social Interaction
There are 8 record(s) that match your criteria.
- Help with interactive displays in Halton, Hamilton and Toronto
- Interact and share the thrill and stories of Morse Code, cipher and codes
- Learn to care for artifacts and signaling equipment and trucks.
- Learn Morse Code, ciphers and radio procedures
- Learn how to record the memories from Veterans and research their experience
Monday to Friday 11:15 am to 1:00 pm (hot meal delivery) or
Wednesdays 9:00 am to 11:00 am (frozen meal delivery)
- Make phone calls to clients that are in need, especially during these hard times
- Assist in various programs that we offer online to clients
- Training will be provided
- Shifts are flexible and are offered to our clients throughout the Region, Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm
- Lived mental health experience considered an asset.
Our volunteers act as positive role models to children of all ages throughout Halton. Individuals are matched with a child/youth in need and spend time doing recreational or social outings in the community. In as little as a few hours a month you can make a significant difference in the life of a child.
Our virtual mentors are currently only visiting with children and youth using various virtual platforms.
~ Visit residents as assigned by Life Enrichment staff to provide companionship and conversation
~Assist residents to get to and from the program area and help them during the activity is needed
• Reporting to the designated depot at the assigned time (Mississauga near Oakville border)
• Picking up route list, and meals, etc.
• Delivering meals to assigned clients, dropping off notices etc. within expected time frames
• Ensuring that meals are received by the client at the time of delivery or following previously made arrangements or procedures
• Talking with the client to observe that they are safe and all is well
• Returning containers and any money collected to the designated depot
• Returning any undelivered meals to the designated depot
b) Maintain confidentiality of route sheets
c) Submission of expense claim form as required
d) Use “MOW” car sign to facilitate parking and to increase community awareness of the program
e) Report to the supervisor any concerns regarding the well-being of the clients
f) Attend in-service training as arranged by the branch, including initial orientation