You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Physical Fitness & Exercise
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Perfect for social butterflies with a good sense of humour, social work students, sports or gaming enthusiasts, martial arts, or holistic health nuts.
Visits can be weekly or every 2 weeks for as little as one hour total time commitment for an in-home visit or a couple of hours if you care to take them to an activity in which you share an interest (coffee & shopping, an art show, live music, shopping, bowling or even for a walk by the lake). By volunteering, you may also be providing some much-needed support to a caregiver or family member simply by visiting one of our wonderful clients.
Visits are weekly for as little as one-hour time commitment for an in-home visit or a couple of hours if you care to take them to an activity in which you share an interest such as coffee, shopping, attend an art show, live music, even for a walk by the lake. By volunteering, you may also be providing some much-needed support to a caregiver or family member simply by visiting one of our wonderful clients.
Your visit helps maintain and encourage the client's confidence and independence.
We have a long list of non-English speaking clients waiting for company.
- Physical activity: Volunteers lead warm up, running workouts, and other fitness activities while cheering them on and providing encouragement.
- Snack: Volunteers help to distribute snack to the students after the physical activity component.
- Word of the Day: Volunteers have the opportunity to explain a "Word of the Day” for the whole group. They will share the word selected for that week (as provided in the Director’s Manual) and ask for feedback from the students regarding the definition and how they can use it at some point in their lives.
- Journal: Volunteers assist children to record their accomplishments in both running and reading each week.
- Reading: Volunteers supervise as children read silently, read one-on-one with children or lead group reading, listen to them read and providing help and encouragement.