You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Donations - Food, Non-Perishable Items
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Based on your background, expertise & special interest, you could help with various organizational initiatives such as marketing, communication, social media, event management & coordination, youth & community engagement, fundraising, donations, program support, administrative support, coaching, recreation, program activities, teaching assistance, education support, general assistance, transportation, food prep, kitchen work, meal preparation, usher, server, games, sports etc.
- Help develop, plan & organize special events and support our organizational fundraising activities.
- Work with other team members to identify, solicit & connect with potential donors, prospects and sponsors.
- Assist create communications, mailing lists, promotional and marketing materials.
- Support other initiatives like annual gala, anniversary celebrations, event programming, volunteer & alumni relations, PR and special campaigns, as needed and assigned.
- Manage highly sensitive financial and other personal information with confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to travel and meet deadlines is required.
Prior relevant experience in a similar role especially working with non-profit organizations/charities/charitable foundations/schools is preferred but not necessary. Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and computer proficiency. Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and sense of urgency. Superb in negotiation and relationship cultivation. Creative-thinker, self-starter with ability to work independently and within a team.
Maintain a database of donors, interact with donors including donor institutions as required, oversee communications with donors, as well as relations with local media.
Work with other volunteers to attract students then, schedule and oversee the students during the food drives.
The volunteer may participate in various activities within the market including:
-Call market numbers, greet clients as they enter the food bank, ensure that the store is not overwhelmed by too many clients shopping at a single time, ensure bags are kept at the front of the store.
-Assist clients requiring help with their shopping baskets or with bagging, monitor the items in the fridge and ensure the proper amount is being fairly given, help clients make informed choices with food availability
-Enter checkout items on the register while monitoring total basket, ensure that vouchers are marked correctly, oversee items leaving the food bank and make sure they are allotted on the vouchers, totalling the final sales at the end of day and recording sales numbers.
- Greet food donors, weigh food and record entry
- Sort and store food in the warehouse
- Check for damaged/expired food
- Work with Warehouse Supervisor and Program Lead to determine if food goes to the market or storage refrigerator
- Organize food in refrigeration units
- Replenish food in the market as required
- Maintain supply of empty boxes
- Keep sorting area clean and tidy
- Maintain a courteous and professional manner with staff and other volunteers
- May be asked to train new Warehouse Assistants
- Occasionally accompany KSM staff to go offsite and pick up donations