You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Clerical / Typing / Filing
There are 3 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Church Treasurer – Volunteer job description
The church treasurer is responsible for the overall administration of the financial assets of the church, as directed by the Corporation.
The treasurer should have good financial management and organizational skills and a working knowledge of QuickBooks online software.
Monitors: All church finances-receipts & disbursements, and works with the Priest-in-Charge and Wardens (the Corporation), and the parish administrator, as required
· Maintain/supervise the church financial records, ensuring that policies are followed and that overall financial assets are appropriately managed/administered
· Ensure that clear policies, internal controls and proper accounting practices are maintained that govern the collection, handling, recording, receipting and use and reporting of funds within the church
· Ensure that the policies, internal controls and proper accounting practices are followed to maintain the church’s charitable status
· Ensure that clear, accurate and adequate records with supporting documents are kept of all church receipts and expenditures using QuickBooks online software
· Ensure the timely payment of accounts payable
· To provide current financial reports regularly to the Corporation and at the Annual Vestry meeting
· Prepare and file the annual financial documents to the Diocese of Niagara
· Prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Corporation
· File documents with Canada Revenue Agency (i.e., Charity report, GST/HST receivable etc.)
Volunteers will assist in the office environment through clerical duties that may include:
- Filing paperwork
- Scanning documents
- Sorting through a file management system
- Inventory & related duties
- Assisting administrative staff as required
*** We are not recruiting new volunteers during COVID restrictions, but will gladly welcome newcomers when we again are enabled to regroup.***
The May Court Club is a women's service organization. Many of our volunteers work at The May Court Nearly New shop and assist by providing one or more of the following tasks:
- Greet customers
- Help customers find outfits and accessories
- Record details about consigned and/or donated items on our user friendly computer system
- Tag clothes and items with prices
- Hang and display merchandise
- Cashier assistant packages purchased items for our customers
- Cashier (if you are interested in this position, the shop will provide additional training)
- The shop usually does not operate throughout the summer months.