You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Customer / Sales Services
There are 7 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
A Donor Centre Volunteer's main responsability is in the hospitality area of blood donor events. Volunteers play an integral part in maintaining donor relationships as they provide a warm and welcoming environment post donation. They offer refreshments, thank donors and monitor for donor reactions. Volunteers work hand in hand with clinic staff to ensure a positive donation experience.
We are currently seeking Congregate Dining Assistant volunteers to serve food and beverages to a group of seniors to encourage nutrition, socialization, and enjoyment of the group activity. The role includes setting up tables, serving food and beverages to anywhere from 8-30 seniors at a time, clearing and cleaning the tables, washing the dishes and conversing with the seniors in a friendly manner.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Set tables, serves food and beverages.
- Clear and clean tables.
- Converse in a friendly manner, listen and socialize while serving.
- Use sanitization practices such as recommended hand washing and food serving guidelines.
- Follow recommended tableware washing guidelines.
- Occasionally deliver a meal within the building if client is unable to attend.
- Report any problems or concerns to Links2Care staff.
- Maintain calmness in emergencies, with an ability to assist in a crisis.
- Participate in annual volunteer survey.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Congregate Dining program takes place twice a month at several different buildings across Halton Hills (Georgetown and Acton). The typical time commitment is 2-3 hours per shift, during the weekdays at lunch hours
- Pick up groceries from grocery stores and complete the delivery from the list provided by the coordinator.
Communicates with the coordinator about any substitutions that need to be made.
Delivers the groceries to the client’s door.
Maintains communication with the coordinator in the event of any schedule changes.
Completes and submits a monthly volunteer time record.
Maintains calmness in emergencies, with an ability to assist in a crisis.
- Be physically able to lift heavy items such as cases of water, bags of potatoes, and carry shopping bags. Physically able to stand and/or walk for one to two hours at a time.
Participates in annual volunteer survey.
Interacts professionally in accordance with Links2Care Code of Conduct and Human Rights Act.
Maintains a safe and healthy work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Volunteers provide: customer service through sales, re-stock merchandise, open/close gift shop, perform cash and credit transactions ; sell lottery tickets
a) Pick up and deliver meals to clients, including:
• Reporting to the designated depot at the assigned time (Mississauga near Oakville border)
• Picking up route list, and meals, etc.
• Delivering meals to assigned clients, dropping off notices etc. within expected time frames
• Ensuring that meals are received by the client at the time of delivery or following previously made arrangements or procedures
• Talking with the client to observe that they are safe and all is well
• Returning containers and any money collected to the designated depot
• Returning any undelivered meals to the designated depot
b) Maintain confidentiality of route sheets
c) Submission of expense claim form as required
d) Use “MOW” car sign to facilitate parking and to increase community awareness of the program
e) Report to the supervisor any concerns regarding the well-being of the clients
f) Attend in-service training as arranged by the branch, including initial orientation
- Actively participates in all monthly FOL Committee meetings, whether conducted virtually or in person
- Assumes the leadership role in FOL fundraising activities, including book sales, pop-ups, and book donation events
- Leads and guides a team of volunteers, with valuable support from the Chair and the committee. This includes creating volunteer schedules and providing orientations for book sales
- Provides support to all Shift Leaders during book sales
- Collaborates with the Chair and FOL Committee to compile reports on fundraising results, along with valuable recommendations, to OPL
- Proactively seeks methods to enhance the efficiency and success of book sales, offering recommendations and updating work plans for fundraising initiatives, thus contributing to the planning of future events
- To provide great customer service and be a customer ambassador.
- Welcome customers at the main entrance and thank them for supporting your charity and assist with doors
- Provide information on games, programs, and promotions, answer questions etc.
- Circulate in Cabinet Game area ‐ chat with customers when appropriate.
- If requested by the operator ‐ assist with promotions –‐ e.g., handing out ballots, prizes.
- Support approved charity awareness initiatives from your charity ‐ e.g., displays,
brochures, giveaways, or gifts.
- May also assist with delivery of food and non‐alcoholic beverages return food trays to
kitchen area, assist with clean‐up (used bingo paper, etc.) – and assist with call-backs of
bingo winners (you will be shown how if this is required).