You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Customer / Sales Services
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Make an immediate positive difference for the planet locally! Join our Event Greening Team as a Waste Diversion Ambassador at Burlington festivals and events, such as Canada Day, Burlington Holiday Market, Mini Kids Fest, and more.
You'll receive training and have the chance to educate hundreds of festival-goers about where to place their waste.
Help raise community awareness, encourage proper waste diversion, and make sure as little as possible is sent to landfill from this event. Extensive hand sorting of waste is not required.
*Eligible for high school volunteer hours.
You can volunteer with family members or friends. Or even sign up with a larger group like members of a club, workplace team, faith community or sports team. Waste Diversion Ambassadors usually work in pairs.
For dates and locations, see our sign up sheet at the more information link.
Looking for community-minded individuals looking to further support those looking for food support who do not speak English. Giving people direction on where and how to access food.
Most volunteer work will be done virtually, over the phone, with the possibility of in-person should the current
- Usher audience members into the Church, provide programs and sometimes assist in seating more elderly audience members.
- Assist in staging of concerts, moving piano, chairs and stands before and clearing chairs after the concert, etc .
We are looking for volunteers with an interest in:
- understanding how an orchestra concert is presented
- providing excellent customer service to OCO patrons
- helping set up the stage & box office before concerts and tear-down post-concert
- ushering and interacting with patrons
- assisting in raffle and soloist flower presentations
- assisting with intermission reception preparation, execution & clean-up
• Reporting to the designated depot at the assigned time (Mississauga near Oakville border)
• Picking up route list, and meals, etc.
• Delivering meals to assigned clients, dropping off notices etc. within expected time frames
• Ensuring that meals are received by the client at the time of delivery or following previously made arrangements or procedures
• Talking with the client to observe that they are safe and all is well
• Returning containers and any money collected to the designated depot
• Returning any undelivered meals to the designated depot
b) Maintain confidentiality of route sheets
c) Submission of expense claim form as required
d) Use “MOW” car sign to facilitate parking and to increase community awareness of the program
e) Report to the supervisor any concerns regarding the well-being of the clients
f) Attend in-service training as arranged by the branch, including initial orientation
The May Court Club is a women's service organization. Many of our volunteers work at The May Court Nearly New shop and assist by providing one or more of the following tasks:
- Greet customers
- Help customers find outfits and accessories
- Record details about consigned and/or donated items on our user friendly computer system
- Tag clothes and items with prices
- Hang and display merchandise
- Cashier assistant packages purchased items for our customers
- Cashier (if you are interested in this position, the shop will provide additional training)
- The shop usually does not operate throughout the summer months.
- Obtaining donated items
- Community Awareness/Marketing
- Selling Tickets
- Joining fundraising event committees