You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Distress / Crisis / Bereavement Support
There are 5 record(s) that match your criteria.
If you would like to help other women through difficult times, we will provide the training and support so that you can truly make a difference!
Peer Supporter Volunteers provide clients with a safe, supportive environment in which they can explore their options and receive the information and support they need to make positive changes in their lives.
Currently we are looking for volunteer in Oakville, Mondays and Wednesdays 10 am-8 pm and in Milton on Thursdays 10-3 pm.
- As time allows, visit with non-palliative patients.
- Offer activities such as: reading, playing games, walks outside, listening to music, writing
cards/letters, make a cup of tea or coffee.
- Support survivors of sexual assault and violence (and their support people) on the SAVIS 24 hour crisis line using an anti-
racist/anti-oppression feminist framework
- Complete SAVIS crisis line training and evaluation
- Agree to work a minimum of 16 hours per month on the crisis line
- Must attend monthly volunteer meetings - 2 hours in length maximum - in addition to crisis line shift
- Schedule shifts with Crisis Line Coordinator
- Submit call logs after each shift