You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Education Support (Post-Secondary)
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
ROCK, Burlington - Pearl St - Head Office
ROCK Community Housing: 356 Burloak Dr, Burlington, ON L7L 4W5
Successful candidates will mentor a child at a local Burlington Community Centre, after school in a one-to-one relationship. This position will require working with a child/youth in grades 1-10 with their homework while helping to develop social skills, confidence and self-esteem
Literacy South Halton, Burlington Head Office, Literacy and Basic Skills
At offices in Burlington or Oakville
Tutoring adults with low level literacy skills, one-on-one, once or twice a week. Training provided. No previous teaching experience is required, just some free time, enthusiasm and a desire to help someone.
Halton-Peel Community Aphasia Programs (H-PCAP)
Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Mississauga and Brampton
Under the guidance of the Speech Language Pathologist and Communicative Disorders Assistant, the communication volunteer will learn new skills to:
- Work with small groups of adults with acquired communication disorders
- Use supportive conversation skills in facilitating discussion groups with clients within our programs
- Assist clients to understand and participate in various conversational and language-based communication activities
- Bring forth thoughts and new ideas to the group
Other responsibilities may include:
- Assisting staff with the set-up and clean-up of program space before and after each session
- Informing the SLP or CDA in advance when unable to attend a session
- Maintaining confidentiality within the parameters defined by the Halton-Peel Community Aphasia Programs
HMC Connections, Community Connections Program
Burlington, Oakville, Milton
To assist newcomers, government and community agencies by interpreting/translating in another language on issues such as domestic violence, immigration, welfare, health and other issues.