You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Arts & Crafts
There are 7 record(s) that match your criteria.
Clients in the Memory Visiting Program are in need of someone to remind them that they do matter, and to remind them of why they matter. Ask about their interests and their abilities and then use this week after week to guide your conversations and activities.
You’ll provide a friendly social connection outside of the client’s normal social sphere and engage the client in activities or conversations that appeal to the client’s unique interests and abilities. This may involve looking at family photos, going out for a walk or simply sharing coffee and conversation.
You’ll also be giving the family caregiver(s) a short break – a very important part of the support you’re providing.
Training is available to assist you in supporting your client. The training includes suggested activities and strategies you can use to engage your client. Plus, our Care Managers are always available to support you and your client.
Memory Visiting is now in person 1:1 following all COVID precautions.
Current safety precautions are being followed carefully. Acclaim Health follows all current and up to date government regulations.
Two vaccines are currently required.
Residents benefit from social interaction and use of fine motor skills.
The Halton CAS is dedicated to developing mentorship relationships that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, and we encourage applications from diverse groups including from Black, 2SLGBTQ, First Nations, Inuit and Metis persons.
Physical distancing does not have to mean social disconnection – we have adjusted and adapted to ensure mentors and mentees continue their relationships while they may be separated due to Coronavirus COVID-19.
~Assist residents to get to and from the program area and help them during the activity is needed
- engage visitors in conversations and dialogues regarding the museum's collections and temporary exhibitions
- ensure memorable and positive visits, including ensuring comfort and safety of visitors while fostering educational growth
- participate in specialized programs that may be developed (i.e. Docents in the Schools, Speakers Bureau, Drawing in Galleries, Family Tour etc.)
- seek clarification and guidance from Cultural Centre staff when needed
- assisting audience members to their seats
- ensuring the safety of the audience members at events, under the supervision of the Theatre staff
- checking tickets at ticketed events
- providing information to patrons about events at the theatre
- maintaining the basic tidiness of the theatre seating area and lobby
- assisting with Coat Check when needed