You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Fundraising / Canvassing
There are 10 record(s) that match your criteria.
Our organization is based in Oakville. This position requires a commitment of about 5 hours per week and attendance at board meetings about 8 times per year.
Meet and greet players
- Participate in the development of a mission and strategic plan for the organization
- Ensure that an effective management team is in place (i.e., Executive Director)
- Maintain effective partnerships and communication with the community, the organization’s members and its stakeholders
- Maintain fiscal responsibility, including raising income, and approving and monitoring annual budgets
- Ensure transparency in all communication to members, stakeholders and the public
- Evaluate the organization’s work in relation to a strategic plan
- Evaluate the work of the board of directors, ensuring continuous renewal of the board, and plan for the succession and diversity of the board
Individually, each board member must:
- Act in the best interests of the organization
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of being a board member
- Be familiar with the organization’s bylaws, policies and procedures, strategic plan, mission, etc.
- Ensure he/she avoids conflicts of interest including operating in the best interest of the organization not in self-interest or the interest of a stakeholder group
- Respect confidentiality policies that pertain to membership and board discussions
- Keep informed about the organization’s financial activity and legal obligations
- Bring his/her own skills, experience and knowledge to the organization
- Attend board meetings regularly and arrive prepared for meetings
- Volunteer a minimum of 10 hours in-person or virtually in 2022
- Fundraise a minimum of $100 for The Darling Home for Kids
- Plan and execute fundraising events in support of The Darling Home for Kids and the #Youth4DHK program
- Volunteer opportunities available throughout duration of program may include: on-site event preparations, recreational activity planning, virtual engagement opportunities, event assistance
We are hoping for volunteers who are enthusiastic, creative, optimistic and somewhat experienced in environmental matters, and comfortable in collaborative action. Interest in tree-planting is desirable but not necessary.
Due to Covid, we are not meeting in person, but on line (ZOOM, telephone communication, and email.)
-Online ordering of food for our programs.
-Preparing meals and snacks for students to eat; most programs do not involve cooking, but most have some cutting of fresh fruits and vegetables and minimal preparation of other food items.
-Setting up for food service which can include setting up chairs and tables, cleaning the eating and food preparation surfaces and putting out dishes and food.
-Post-program cleanup; this can include doing dishes, putting food away, cleaning tables and putting away chairs.
-Monthly reporting and financial tracking; this involves working with school staff to obtain account balances and submitting totals to HFFT each month.
ALL COVID-19 GUIDELINES PERMITTING
- Obtaining donated items
- Community Awareness/Marketing
- Selling Tickets
- Joining fundraising event committees