You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Gardening / Yard Work
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Visits are weekly for as little as one-hour time commitment for an in-home visit or a couple of hours if you care to take them to an activity in which you share an interest such as coffee, shopping, attend an art show, live music, even for a walk by the lake. By volunteering, you may also be providing some much-needed support to a caregiver or family member simply by visiting one of our wonderful clients.
Your visit helps maintain and encourage the client's confidence and independence.
We have a long list of non-English speaking clients waiting for company.
Our volunteer opportunities are vast and varied.
- Requires some physical strength to perform tasks as assigned
- Able to take direction as required and seek out guidance on projects.
- Perform assigned duties on renovation sites
- Work in collaboration with fellow Crew Members and affiliate staff.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work site at all time.
- Strive for quality
- Ensure safety on site at all times.
- Contribute to a positive and rewarding work environment for all.
- May need to load and unload delivery vehicles
- Report to recreation staff to be notified of specific tasks and duties to be performed during activity
- Follow direction and instructions of recreation staff, by inviting and assisting the resident to the designated program area. This may including pushing residents in their wheelchairs.
- Follow instructions for specific activities. Provide residents with verbal encouragement.
- Upon completion of program assists residents back to their home area.
- Assist with program area clean up.
- Notify program staff of any issues or concerns that arose from the visit.
2. Emptying, cleaning out and restocking the store room
3. Answering telephones/taking messages in the office