You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Gardening / Yard Work
There are 5 record(s) that match your criteria.
Since BurlingtonGreen began hosting this inclusive event in 2011, a whopping 110,950+ participants have joined these collective efforts, resulting in cleaner and greener parks, streams, schoolyards and neighbourhoods. You can participate in this eco-action activity through to October 31!
Please note that the community’s health and safety is of utmost importance to us, please follow Halton COVID-19 safety guidelines to ensure your personal safety and those around you prior to choosing to participate in any eco-activities or tips shared by BurlingtonGreen.
Visit www.burlingtongreen.org for further details and to sign up to participate!
One visit per week can bring a lonely Senior a huge sense of worth and happiness. Seniors who are isolated, often find their recall of daily details is frosted over. A little social contact can melt that ice and bring warmth to you and your new Senior Friend.
Visit a socially isolated Senior in their own home. You can provide sunshine by making a new friend with a client who is still very social, friendly and happy to see you but is experiencing challenges with their memory. Many are still very physically able.
Visits are weekly for as little as one-hour time commitment for an in-home visit or a couple of hours if you care to take them to an activity in which you share an interest such as coffee, shopping, attend an art show, live music, even for a walk by the lake. By volunteering, you may also be providing some much-needed support to a caregiver or family member simply by visiting one of our wonderful clients.
Your visit helps maintain and encourage the client's confidence and independence.
We have a long list of non-English speaking clients waiting for company.
We are following the proper precautions for COVID as per government requirements
Do you like working with historical artifacts; cataloguing items; moving objects; outdoor yard work; parking cars; meeting people and participating in events? Our volunteer opportunities are vast and varied.
• Neighbourhood Care Network (ongoing, work with individuals or families to identify and access needed resources)
• Grocery Delivery Program (weekly on Wednesday, to an Oakville Halton Community Housing neighbourhood)
• Community BBQ program (Summer only, weekly on Thursday, at Halton Housing community in Oakville)
• Lyon’s Lane vegetable garden plot (growing and harvesting produce for donation to local food outreach programs)
• St. Simon’s and St. Jude’s Pantry program (monthly, prepare and package 60 - 75 meals for local meal outreach programs)