You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Holiday / Festive Volunteering
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
You'll receive training and have the chance to educate hundreds of festival-goers about where to place their waste.
Help raise community awareness, encourage proper waste diversion, and make sure as little as possible is sent to landfill from this event. Extensive hand sorting of waste is not required.
*Eligible for high school volunteer hours.
You can volunteer with family members or friends. Or even sign up with a larger group like members of a club, workplace team, faith community or sports team. Waste Diversion Ambassadors usually work in pairs.
For dates and locations, see our sign up sheet at the more information link.
Monday to Friday 11:15 am to 1:00 pm (hot meal delivery) or
Wednesdays 9:00 am to 11:00 am (frozen meal delivery)
• Reporting to the designated depot at the assigned time (Mississauga near Oakville border)
• Picking up route list, and meals, etc.
• Delivering meals to assigned clients, dropping off notices etc. within expected time frames
• Ensuring that meals are received by the client at the time of delivery or following previously made arrangements or procedures
• Talking with the client to observe that they are safe and all is well
• Returning containers and any money collected to the designated depot
• Returning any undelivered meals to the designated depot
b) Maintain confidentiality of route sheets
c) Submission of expense claim form as required
d) Use “MOW” car sign to facilitate parking and to increase community awareness of the program
e) Report to the supervisor any concerns regarding the well-being of the clients
f) Attend in-service training as arranged by the branch, including initial orientation