You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Holiday / Festive Volunteering
There are 18 record(s) that match your criteria.
Responsibilities during volunteer shifts included:
• Representing Big Brothers Big Sisters of Hamilton and Burlington
• Greeting Tree Lot customers
• Checking store receipts to ensure trees have been pre-purchased
• Assisting customers to pick out Christmas trees, and if applicable, helping them transport the tree to their vehicle
• Physical labour involved--lifting trees, bagging them and helping people get them to their cars
• Tree bag sales and money handling
• Tree lot tidy up, including fallen/blown over trees and sweeping needles
*Must be 16 years or older, or otherwise accompanied by an adult.
Shifts are typically 3 hours long and you can donate as much of your time as you would like!
• Reporting to the designated depot at the assigned time
• Picking up route list, and meals, etc.
• Delivering meals to assigned clients, dropping off notices etc. within expected time frames
• Ensuring that meals are received by the client at the time of delivery or following previously made arrangements or procedures
• Talking with the client to observe that they are safe and all is well
• Returning containers and any money collected to the designated depot
• Returning any undeliverable meals to the designated depot
b) Maintain confidentiality of route sheets
c) Submission of expense claim form as required
d) Use “MOW” car sign to facilitate parking and to increase community awareness of the program
e) Report to the supervisor any concerns regarding the well-being of the clients
f) Attend in-service training as arranged by the branch, including initial orientation
Greet and assist with customer purchases, handle money transactions, merchandise products.
- Help develop, plan & organize special events and support our organizational fundraising activities.
- Work with other team members to identify, solicit & connect with potential donors, prospects and sponsors.
- Assist create communications, mailing lists, promotional and marketing materials.
- Support other initiatives like annual gala, anniversary celebrations, event programming, volunteer & alumni relations, PR and special campaigns, as needed and assigned.
- Manage highly sensitive financial and other personal information with confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to travel and meet deadlines is required.
Prior relevant experience in a similar role especially working with non-profit organizations/charities/charitable foundations/schools is preferred but not necessary. Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and computer proficiency. Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and sense of urgency. Superb in negotiation and relationship cultivation. Creative-thinker, self-starter with ability to work independently and within a team.
1. help with computer work
2. assist staff with one to one activities such as reading, talking, doing manicures, puzzles, crafts, cards
3. assist staff with program activities such as carpet bowling, shuffle board, horseshoes, trivia
4. assist by helping with the day to day organizational chores such as set up, clean up, laundry, tidying, crafts, bulletin boards
5. help with special events such as Christmas party, garage sale, fundraising events.
4-6pm assist staff in after-school programming
7-8:30pm assist staff in childminding during Calling all Parents programming
- Encourage guests and participants to bring a donation for the Infant Food Bank - diapers, formula, cereal and/or jars and pouches of baby food
-Volunteers work with the Infant Food Bank Facilitator to provide a plan for their event which includes methods of gathering donations, outline of product or fundraising goal and identification of event timeline.
- MCRC will provide posters and information about the Infant Food Bank and, if you like, an Infant Food Bank container for your guests to fill
Note: You can drop off your collected donations to MCRC at 410 Bronte Street South, Milton or we can arrange to pick them up.
Students: earn up to 4 hours of volunteer time for organizing and hosting your own Infant Food Bank event