You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Information & Referral Services
There are 14 record(s) that match your criteria.
Crew Member responsibilities:
• Plan, organize and participate on projects and events
• Give insight about what’s missing in our community for youth and how we can work together to find some solutions
• Attend meetings on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at “the Hub” at Holy Rosary school – 5:30-7:30pm
• A suggested commitment of 6-12 months, but feel free to attend some meetings first to check it out!
Please note: This opportunity is intended for youth residing in Burlington, Ontario.
Volunteers needed to assist with set up & tear down, check-in, registration, greeting, providing information, marketplace support, assisting vendors, food & beverage support, clearing dishes, general coordination support.
Interested in helping? Click Yes, I'd Like to Volunteer! button above.
Attend and participate in monthly planning meetings (2 hrs per month).
Participate in work groups on a volunteer basis.
• Provide courteous and responsive service to prospective donors
• Provide information about Canadian Blood Services programs and recruit blood donors
• Assist with management of participant records and event documentation
• Deliver professional presentations on behalf of Canadian Blood Services about programs (including stem cell registry, as appropriate), the importance of blood donation and the need to recruit new blood donors for Canada’s blood system
• Complete all required forms on time and bring forward requests for additional information and post-presentation feedback to Volunteer Resources
• Ensure the merchandise is presented in a tidy, clean and organized manner to encourage sales
• Responsible to know what merchandise is currently on the shelves
• Be able to respond to customer inquiries regarding merchandise when needed
• Assist with loading and unloading donated merchandise from/to customers’ vehicles
• Actively approach customers to help them find items they are looking for
• Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers
• Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required
• Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times
• Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making referrals when appropriate
• Other duties as required.
Duties may include the following items depending on the current project:
• Youth insights and feedback on various projects
• Learning about community resources and sharing them with your friends and other youth you know
• Planning, organizing and participating in projects and events
• Advocacy around project deliverables that have an impact on youth in our community
*PLEASE NOTE: This opportunity is intended for youth residing in Oakville, Ontario. We are specifically seeking youth volunteers from the following schools in our North Oakville neighbourhood, but would be open to any youth living in Oakville who want to apply:
*Secondary Schools (All grades)
-Holy Trinity S.S.
-White Oaks S.S.
*Elementary Schools (Grades 7-8)
-St. Michael's Elementary
-St. Andrew's Elementary
-Our Lady Peace Elementary
* Transportation & Driving
* Community Resources
* Health Services
* Housing Options
* Volunteer opportunities
* Congregate Dining
* Social Activities
* Wellness Programs
* Other relevant information
Attend information meetings as needed. Willing to commit to 4-6 hours a month in the community.
- Mentorship and guidance
- Ongoing support to help the newcomer (and family) get started in Canada
- Gaining an understanding of Canadian cultural norms, social etiquette, and more
- Learning new life skills
- Building a social network
- Learning about community resources and their effective use
We do not give advice. Volunteers befriend and listen to callers, provide crisis prevention/intervention and help callers explore alternatives so they may find a solution to their particular situation.