You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Information & Referral Services
There are 11 record(s) that match your criteria.
Crew Member responsibilities:
• Give insight about what’s missing in our community for youth and how we can work together to find some solutions
• Be open to learning about community resources for youth so you can share them with your friends and other youth you know
• Plan, organize and participate on projects and events
• Engage with other youth and adults in the community to promote the goals of the Aldershot Youth Crew and encourage your peers to also get involved as volunteers or event participants
• Identify things you might want to learn about from adult allies
• Attend meeting twice a month on Tuesdays at “the Hub” at Holy Rosary school – 5:30-7:30pm
• A suggested commitment of 6-12 months with the possibility of extension, but feel free to attend some meetings first to check it out!
Please note: This opportunity is intended for youth residing in Burlington, Ontario.
- Mentorship and guidance
- Ongoing support to help the newcomer (and family) get started in Canada
- Gaining an understanding of Canadian cultural norms, social etiquette, and more
- Learning new life skills
- Building a social network
- Learning about community resources and their effective use
Duties may include the following items depending on the current project:
• Youth insights and feedback on various projects
• Learning about community resources and sharing them with your friends and other youth you know
• Planning, organizing and participating in projects and events
• Advocacy around project deliverables that have an impact on youth in our community
*PLEASE NOTE: This opportunity is intended for youth residing in Oakville, Ontario. We are specifically seeking youth volunteers from the following schools in our North Oakville neighbourhood, but would be open to any youth living in Oakville who want to apply:
*Secondary Schools (All grades)
-Holy Trinity S.S.
-White Oaks S.S.
*Elementary Schools (Grades 7-8)
-St. Michael's Elementary
-St. Andrew's Elementary
-Our Lady Peace Elementary
Attend and participate in monthly planning meetings (2 hrs per month).
Participate in work groups to create/edit resources, plan and host community events for families.
• Ensure the merchandise is presented in a tidy, clean and organized manner to encourage sales
• Responsible to know what merchandise is currently on the shelves
• Be able to respond to customer inquiries regarding merchandise when needed
• Assist with loading and unloading donated merchandise from/to customers’ vehicles
• Actively approach customers to help them find items they are looking for
• Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers
• Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required
• Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times
• Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making referrals when appropriate
• Other duties as required.
We do not give advice. Volunteers befriend and listen to callers, provide crisis prevention/intervention and help callers explore alternatives so they may find a solution to their particular situation.