You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Marketing & Promotions
There are 17 record(s) that match your criteria.
If you’re ready to learn about advocacy and committed to taking action every month, join us!
*** To volunteer: sign up here: https://resultscanada.ca/join-us/ ***
Criteria for Board Membership:
• Live and/or work in Halton;
• Experience in a leadership role in the Halton community;
• High integrity, honesty and reputation;
• Personal maturity with an understanding of group dynamics and solid teamwork skills;
• Experience, at a high level of responsibility and/or specific expertise, in one of the following areas: manufacturing, construction, skilled trades, newcomer assistance, employment services, or community/government engagement;
• No immediate conflict with respect to individual’s job or association with other organizations;
• Ability to provide strategic advice, time, and expertise to Centre for Skills;
• Commitment to attend Board and Committee meetings and other Centre for Skills functions, and participate actively in the promotion of Centre for Skills.
In terms of the current Centre for Skills Board vacancy, particular consideration will be given to those applicants with a background in Finance and Accounting, Marketing, Skilled Trades or the Not-for-Profit sector.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit an expression of interest, complete with a cover letter and résumé to:
Lisa Rizzato On behalf of the Nominating Committee Centre for Skills Development Burlington
Expressions of interest will be accepted until Friday, June 25, 2021, inclusive.
By applying for a position as a Board Member, you are providing permission for the Centre for Skills’ Nominating Committee and Board of Directors to review your résumé and background.
Seeking engaged and enthusiastic Graphic Designer for professional opportunity creating branding material for VST a non-profit Canadian historical organization.
Can you engage an audience and captivate their attention with a look, with a story? Vintage Signals Team is looking for storytellers to engage with audiences from around the world. We've got amazing stories and we need people who can spin a thrilling tale. Have you got that silver tongue? Look into what we have to offer.
Working with the Vintage Signals Team volunteer curators, we require technicians who can maintain and perform minor repairs to historical artifacts. This position may require answering questions from the public on how the artifacts work and set up demonstrations.
If you can take inspiring photographs in a range of lighting conditions and create 2-3 minute videos that inspire people to support our cause, have we got an experience for you! Join our team! VST is a non-profit Canadian historical organization promoting communication.
The Vintage Signals Team are seeking curators who have an eye for historical artifacts. We need creative ways to display artifacts, equipment and vehicles in exhibitions, events and presentations. We appreciate a hands-on learning approach and would need your expertise to guide the general public through the exhibits.
Summer season volunteer positions for museums, schools and public events.
Interacting with the public to explain and demonstrate vintage
Signals equipment from WW1 and WW2. Ability to learn Morse Code and Code-breaking is an advantage.
- Speak and tell the tales of Signalling
- Use Vintage equipment
- Wear period uniforms if needed
Are you seeking a professional opportunity providing your expertise in website management? Join our team! VST is a non-profit Canadian historical organization promoting communication.
* you will set up, recruit members, and execute a 7 week student led program to help your members build leadership skills and complete a Believe Passion Project, all lessons, activities, and content will be provided
* you must complete the Chapter Head training which will give you everything you need to be able to run a successful chapter, and there are optional Chapter Head meet ups to connect and learn from other Believe Chapters
* you can choose to apply with a friend/peer.
2 Believe Leadership cycles per year - Each cycle in ~10 weeks
Next Cycle is Fall 2021
Training can be completed over the summer
- Help with interactive displays in Halton, Hamilton and Toronto
- Interact and share the thrill and stories of Morse Code, cipher and codes
- Learn to care for artifacts and signaling equipment and trucks.
- Learn Morse Code, ciphers and radio procedures
- Learn how to record the memories from Veterans and research their experience
2. Researching and filing addresses of possible targets for our appeals, and responses.
3. Collaborating with various committees to find creative means of fundraising.
Ideally, you will collaborate with one other member, who could replace you in situations of absence.
2. Gathering and filing names and addresses of organizations and businesses;
3. Collaborating with the Secretary if requested.
- Obtaining donated items
- Community Awareness/Marketing
- Selling Tickets
- Joining fundraising event committees
2. Warehouse Helper - Helping our staff and other volunteers in the warehouse, moving furniture, accepting donations. Steel-toe safety shoes are required. This position is available during the week and on Saturdays.
3. Client Service Representative - Supporting clients with choosing furniture for their homes. Preparing documents and taking pictures. Help staff to receive drop off items from our donors. Organizing furniture records.
4. Outreach Support - Supporting our team with all outreach programs: delivering flyers, meeting with potential donors and coordinators, participating in events and festivals. This position is available to volunteers with a very limited time, can be done during the day or after hours. Some weekends are required (shows and festivals). Multimedia developers and fans are welcome to update our media platforms.
- A volunteer with Real Estate or Property Management experience is urgently required.
- Someone with a Legal background would be a great addition to our Board of Directors.
- A Director with Fundraising experience is urgently required.
Regularly attend and participate in board monthly meetings. Read, review materials that involve the corporation, especially board minutes, reports, and any literature that involves the corporation. Exercise a fiduciary responsibility for the assets, finances and investments of the corporation and exercise due diligence, care and caution as if handling one’s own personal finances.