You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Marketing & Promotions
There are 7 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
The Volunteer Event Coordinator will assist with setting up for OFFA events, and hand out pamphlets and other information, and be able to assist with our Name That Movie Game. Some familiarity with laptops, social media and digital marketing would be useful. Previous event coordination experience required. These events could be evenings and weekends or weeknights.
For the last 18 years, Sahaja Yoga Meditation Network has been offering free meditation classes in the Halton region and beyond. We have had the joy of touching individuals and families across Halton by offering thousands of self-realization and meditation workshops in community centers, corporations, small businesses, senior homes, schools, and youth support organizations.
We are looking for volunteers to help grow our social media presence, as well to spread and strengthen our outreach in the community.
Network Expansion: Actively reaching out to organizations and individuals to expand our non-profit's presence and build strategic partnerships (strategy and approach will be provided and will be a collaborative exercise with the other team members).
Content Creation: Crafting engaging content for social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Community Calendars) to reflect our mission.
Create & Organize Resources: Manage participants and build a repository of community contacts
Collaborative Strategy and Analytics: Work with our team to implement social media strategies, analyzing performance metrics for continuous improvement.
Marketing and Promotion: Actively promoting events and programs. Can include sharing posters with interested organizations and businesses in person.
- Actively participates in all monthly FOL Committee meetings, whether conducted virtually or in person
- Assumes the leadership role in FOL fundraising activities, including book sales, pop-ups, and book donation events
- Leads and guides a team of volunteers, with valuable support from the Chair and the committee. This includes creating volunteer schedules and providing orientations for book sales
- Provides support to all Shift Leaders during book sales
- Collaborates with the Chair and FOL Committee to compile reports on fundraising results, along with valuable recommendations, to OPL
- Proactively seeks methods to enhance the efficiency and success of book sales, offering recommendations and updating work plans for fundraising initiatives, thus contributing to the planning of future events
The Social Media Director will be responsible for posting Historical content on our Facebook page, Instagram and our YouTube channel. This will include our weekly "History Monday" posts, upcoming event posters and other community events. You will also be posting any videos to our YouTube channel from any guest speaker events and other events at Sovereign House.
- To provide great customer service and be a customer ambassador.
- Welcome customers at the main entrance and thank them for supporting your charity and assist with doors
- Provide information on games, programs, and promotions, answer questions etc.
- Circulate in Cabinet Game area ‐ chat with customers when appropriate.
- If requested by the operator ‐ assist with promotions –‐ e.g., handing out ballots, prizes.
- Support approved charity awareness initiatives from your charity ‐ e.g., displays,
brochures, giveaways, or gifts.
- May also assist with delivery of food and non‐alcoholic beverages return food trays to
kitchen area, assist with clean‐up (used bingo paper, etc.) – and assist with call-backs of
bingo winners (you will be shown how if this is required).
Social Media Manager (Volunteer Role)
The Social Media Manager will create and update content across social media platforms to drive awareness of the organization and its programs. We are looking for a strong creative candidate with very deep knowledge of how to navigate the various social media platforms very well, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others.
Re-Imagine Ontario is a registered charitable organization whose mission is to improve the health, education and employment of vulnerable people, with a particular focus on Black and Indigenous populations, by fostering strong community support networks. We offer youth and seniors support programs in mental health and education/mentoring.
Re-Imagine Ontario is seeking a very strong candidate to help us expand our efforts across Halton-Peel, by creating and developing our presence on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter/TikTok/ Blogging and others. This is an opportunity to use your social media savvy to help a small organization grow and to gain valuable experience as well.
What you will be responsible for:
· Create and post engaging content for our audience through social posts, imagery, and others.
· Working with our team to create and maintain a social media programming calendar.
· Help to develop, execute, and optimize online campaigns when required.
· Weekly monitoring and interacting with our audience on your assigned social channels.
· Actively monitor, analyze, and report on social performance.
· Research: stay up to date on changing tools in digital and social media, including but not limited to measurement and analytic tools, industry and global trends, competitor tracking daily.
· Work with marketing to plan and implement digital marketing campaigns.
· Help develop a newsletter.
· Designing and creating shareable content (that meets our mission/brand guidelines).
· You’re comfortable on camera, if necessary, for creating great social content.
· Discovering opportunities to make our channels stand out and gain exposure.
· Generating, editing and sharing content multiple times a month (e.g., copy, photos, videos and news).
· Nice to Haves - Some experience with Websites & SEO; Designing /creating email campaigns.
What You’ll Bring:
· A degree, college diploma or equivalent certification or commensurate experience in social media, graphic design, digital marketing communications, or a related subject area.
· Minimum 2 years of work experience in social media, content creation, digital marketing.
· Proficient in various applications like Canva, Microsoft Office 365 and others.
· Experience writing copy, captions, design, and video editing skills is an asset.
· Creativity and consistency and a willingness to learn.
· Sound judgment and resourcefulness to solve problems independently.
· Stay up to date with new & upcoming marketing rules, regulations, trends, tools, and applications.
· Ability to identify and communicate issues when they arise.
If you are creative, organized and have social media skills, this would be a great role for you! The work is entirely virtual, and anticipated workload is approx. 2-3hrs/week. While not mandatory, providing a sample of your work would be an asset.
Please send your resume to email@example.com if you're interested or want to learn more.
Please put " Social Media Manager (Volunteer)" in the subject line.
Re-Imagine Ontario strives to build an inclusive workforce that reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we live and serve. All qualified applicants may apply. We strongly encourage applications from persons with lived experience in the communities we serve, including Black and Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities.
Our volunteer board of directors meets monthly in Georgetown or Acton (Halton Hills), with additional meetings as deemed necessary for committees and project-oriented activities. Participation at meetings is in-person or through online conferencing when appropriate. Responsibilities of Directors include attending monthly meetings well-prepared to discuss agenda items that are meant to facilitate board decisions about the organization and its operations. Directors are asked to devote an average of 4-8 hours per month to respond to communication, participate at in-park events, participate in the activities of at least one subcommittee and actively extend help to other Directors as and when needed.