You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Music & Performing Arts
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Volunteers always needed for lonely, isolated older adults.
One visit per week can bring a lonely older adults a huge sense of worth and happiness. Those who are isolated, often find their recall of daily details is frosted over. A little social contact can melt that ice and bring warmth to you both.
Visits are weekly for as little as one-hour time commitment for an in-home visit or a couple of hours if you care to take them to an activity in which you share an interest such as coffee, shopping, attend an art show, live music, even for a walk by the lake. By volunteering, you may also be providing some much-needed support to a caregiver or family member simply by visiting one of our wonderful clients.
Your visit helps maintain and encourage the client's confidence and independence.
We are following the proper precautions for COVID as per government requirements
Clients in the Memory Visiting Program are in need of someone to remind them that they do matter, and to remind them of why they matter. Ask about their interests and their abilities and then use this week after week to guide your conversations and activities.
You’ll provide a friendly social connection outside of the client’s normal social sphere and engage the client in activities or conversations that appeal to the client’s unique interests and abilities. This may involve looking at family photos, going out for a walk or simply sharing coffee and conversation.
You’ll also be giving the family caregiver(s) a short break – a very important part of the support you’re providing.
Training is available to assist you in supporting your client. The training includes suggested activities and strategies you can use to engage your client. Plus, our Care Managers are always available to support you and your client.
Memory Visiting is now in person 1:1 following all COVID precautions.
Current safety precautions are being followed carefully. Acclaim Health follows all current and up to date government regulations.
Two vaccines are currently required.
- Usher audience members into the Church, provide programs and sometimes assist in seating more elderly audience members.
- Assist in staging of concerts, moving piano, chairs and stands before and clearing chairs after the concert, etc .
We are looking for volunteers with an interest in:
- understanding how an orchestra concert is presented
- providing excellent customer service to OCO patrons
- helping set up the stage & box office before concerts and tear-down post-concert
- ushering and interacting with patrons
- assisting in raffle and soloist flower presentations
- assisting with intermission reception preparation, execution & clean-up
• Help manage various social media channels for the OCO.
• Amplify key messages via social media, attract qualified followers, drive engagement and increase participation in events and campaigns. You will stay on top of orchestra and audience stories and trends, and breaking news, to seize opportunities to strategically inject OCO into news articles and social discussions.
• Establish, monitor, analyze and communicate PR/social media targets and results. You have great writing skills and an understanding of how to engage and interact with different social media communities.
• Understand social metrics and be able to identify the ‘so what?’ behind them as you’ll be reporting on insights development and measure the success of our campaigns.
What can you expect to do?
• Be curious and constantly seek creativity.
• monitor social media accounts and respond to questions and comments.
• be familiar with the needs of our audience and be able to use social channels accordingly
• report on the success of social media; are we getting more hits, interest and ticket sales.
• assist with the creation of content.
• bring value based upon your experience and interests within the Arts social and advertising space
~Assist residents to get to and from the program area and help them during the activity is needed
- assisting audience members to their seats
- ensuring the safety of the audience members at events, under the supervision of the Theatre staff
- checking tickets at ticketed events
- providing information to patrons about events at the theatre
- maintaining the basic tidiness of the theatre seating area and lobby
- assisting with Coat Check when needed