ArtHouse for Children and Youth, Mailing Address
Oakville Camp-Iroquois Ridge SS/Milton Camp-Milton District High School
Supporting the campers at the musical theatre camp, practising with the campers for their roles, backstage help, set design, costume help and more! Volunteer with a group of 40+ campers to teach them to perform "Seussical the Musical".
*All volunteers must be available for training on Sunday June 9th from 4-7pm*
Apply for either:
Oakville Camp runs from 9:30am-4:30pm July 2-12, 2019 (Iroquois Ridge SS)
Milton Camp runs from 9:30am-4:30pm July 15-26, 2019 (Milton District High School)
Darling Home for Kids
The Frontline Volunteer works alongside the professional care team and provides companionship to enhance the quality of life for our children during their stay at The Darling Home for Kids. Frontline volunteers are involved in our residential and respite programs.
Our Frontline volunteers are with the children at the bedside, during activities, within the Snoezelen area, enjoying arts and crafts, spending time outside, and generally are there to support the child and Frontline staff with whatever activities are going on around the Home.
Frontline volunteers must be at least 20 years of age.
Oakville Senior Citizens Residence
2220-2222 Lakeshore Rd West, Oakville
Lead our resident choir. Hold and attend practices one time a week and prepare for Christmas and spring concerts. Must be able to sing and play the piano as well as know a catalogue of many songs.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Halton and Hamilton, Oakville Office
Public and Catholic Elementary Schools in Oakville, Milton, Georgetown & Acton
Male volunteer mentors needed for our Game On! (Eat Smart, Play Smart, Live Smart) Program. Suitable for men aged 18-30 years who are dedicated to promoting a healthy, active lifestyle!
As a Game On! Facilitator your role is to lead a group of 10-12 grade 6 to 8 boys in a 10 week program focusing on active living, balanced eating and feeling positive about themselves.
S.E.N.A.C.A. Seniors Day Program, Oakville (Central), Adult Day Program
Oakville Central: 53 Bond St | Oakville North: 2521 Dundas St. West (Palermo United Church)
Assisting staff with group activities such as: bowling, shuffleboard, golf, boccee ball, cards, tea parties, dancing, baking, crafts, music, serving lunches, serving snacks, drama, gardening,discussion groups, helping with laundry, dishes, etc.
Provide one to one conversations with clients, give manicures, read stories, reminisce, play cards,etc.
Bring your own special skills and perhaps start a new interest group.
Halton Hills. Recreation & Parks, Halton Hills Town Hall
Halton Hills Cultural Centre - John Elliott Theatre, 9 Church St in Downtown Georgetown
Ushers assist theatre patrons to their seats, provide information about upcoming shows, ensure that the patrons of the theatre are safe and help ensure that visitors have amazing experiences.
- assisting audience members to their seats
- ensuring the safety of the audience members at events, under the supervision of the Theatre staff
- checking tickets at ticketed events
- providing information to patrons about events at the theatre
- maintaining the basic tidiness of the theatre seating area and lobby
- assisting with Coat Check when needed
Milton Community Resource Centre
410 Bronte Street South, Milton
- In collaboration with Educators, plan materials and experiences that can be offered for children to represent their ideas and thinking through various types of art forms including visual media, music, movement/dance, photography and dramatic art.
- Capture children's work through photos/videos and notes
- Attend monthly artists meetings to collaborate in art related experiences
Symphony on the Bay
Work collaboratively with the other board members to oversee the governance and operation of SOTB. Day to day operational duties are completed by our Manager of Orchestra Operations.
Symphony on the Bay
If you have a passion for supporting the arts in your community, this position is for you. The SOTB board is a highly-skilled and well-connected group of community leaders. Come and be part of the dynamic SOTB leadership team.
- Work collaboratively with the other board members to oversee the governance and operation of SOTB
- Attend monthly meetings of the board
- Consult with the board in the preparation of meeting agendas and take meeting minutes.
Community Development Halton, Volunteer Halton
2170 and 2180 Marine Drive,Oalville
- To select repertoire
- To direct and accompany a 30 voice senior choir in preparation for two concerts each year
This volunteer position would be most attractive to a retired music teacher or someone wanting experience directing and accompanying a mature choir. The Singers rehearse for two hours every Thursday afternoon from mid-September for the Christmas concert; and again, from mid-January until the Spring concert.
Acclaim Health, Community Support Services
Client's home apartment, supported living or retirement home (Oakville, Burlington, North Halton)
You can provide sunshine by making a new friend with a client who is still very social, friendly and happy to see you but is experiencing challenges with their memory. Many are still very physically able.
Visits can be weekly or every 2 weeks for as little as one hour total time commitment for an in-home visit or a couple of hours if you care to take them to an activity in which you share an interest (coffee & shopping, an art show, live music, shopping, bowling or even for a walk by the lake). By volunteering, you may also be providing some much-needed support to a caregiver or family member simply by visiting one of our wonderful clients.
Alzheimer Society of Brant, Haldimand Norfolk, Hamilton Halton, Halton Office
Clients' home in Halton
To provide socialization and companionship through weekly home visits with a client in the early to mid stages of Alzheimer's Disease or a related dementia. Through activities like games, puzzles, crafts, music, walking and reminiscing, volunteers will provide quality time that will have a positive impact on the client as well as the caregiver by providing short periods of respite through the visit.
Burlington. Parks and Recreation, Programs for Individuals with Disabilities
Brant Hills Community Centre, 2255 Brant Street
Assist in drop-in program for teens & young adults who have developmental delays.
Help with group or one on one activities.
Maple Villa Long Term Care Centre, Long Term Care Home
441 Maple Ave, Burlington
~Assist with recreational programs with residents in a long-term care home. Programs such as bingo, music, trivia, manicures and crafts
~Assist residents to get to and from the program area and help them during the activity is needed
Darling Home for Kids
Our Peer Frontline Volunteers are instrumental in providing care and interaction to our children. You will be engaging and with children who are medically fragile and/or technology dependent and providing them an experience where they simply get to 'just be kids'.
Activities you may get to assist our kids with are:
-arts & crafts
-reading to our children
-going for walks
-outdoor games and activities
-meal time preparation and feeding
Oakville Chamber Orchestra
- Interested in contributing to the cultural life of the Oakville community.
- Responsible for executing strategy and a variety of tasks involved in our fundraising efforts throughout the Season.
- Success is measured by achieving a target number of attendees as well as the dollar amount raised.
- A passion for music and previous experience in event organizing is desirable.
- This position reports to the Fundraising Director.
Oakville Chamber Orchestra
St.Simon's Anglican Church (1450 Litchfield Rd.) and St. John's United (262 Randall St.) Oakville
4-5 hours on concert dates (Saturday and Sunday) focused on two areas:
. Usher audience members into the Church, provide programs and sometimes assist in seating more elderly audience members . Assist in staging of concerts, moving piano, chairs and stands before and clearing chairs etc after the concert.
We are looking for volunteers with an interest in:
- understanding how an orchestra concert is presented
- providing excellent customer service to OCO patrons
- helping set up the stage & box office before concerts and tear-down post-concert
- ushering and interacting with patrons
- assisting in raffle and soloist flower presentations
- assisting with intermission reception preparation, execution & clean-up
Oakville Chamber Orchestra
Own home or office
The candidate would initially serve as a Director-at-Large with a groomed path towards the elected position of Vice President. The candidate must have a commitment to, and develop a clear understanding of, the mission of the organization. He/she must have 5 to 8 hours per week for his/her primary duties and this groomed path allows him/her to learn the meeting procedures and by-laws of the organization.
The duties include:
- Serving as a spokesperson for the organization
- Developing and maintaining relationships with sponsors and advertisers
- Management and governance of the organization
- Developing agendas and chairing Board meetings, and organizing the annual general meeting
- Ensuring the monitoring and evaluating of the quality of collective and individual Board member performance
- Ensuring timely and effective performance of organizational functions necessary for the maintenance of not-for-profit charitable organization tax related status.
- Ensuring the Board is meeting its obligations in relation to effective:
• organizational planning
• efficient and prudent financial management
• resource development and fundraising
• relationships with the community
• management of human resources
• management of responsive, quality programming
Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts, 130 Navy St, Oakville
- Welcome and Direct patrons to the correct seat and provide them with the proper information required for a “red carpet experience”.
- Answer questions or direct to the correct staff person if necessary to appropriately answer.
- To respond to and handle house disturbances.
- To assist anyone who requires assistance or special seating arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned