You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Newcomer Assistance
There are 9 record(s) that match your criteria.
- Commit to the vision, mission and guiding values of the organization.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: Healthcare, Seniors Housing Development, Marketing and Fundraising, Strategic Development, Public Relations and Communications, Governance, Finance & Accounting, Human Services, Legal and Community Engagement.
- Participate in the on-going development and implementation of the organization’s four year strategic plan.
- Attend all monthly Board meetings and the AGM.
- Active participation on at least two committees of the Board.
- Have strong communication skills and fluency in English.
- Have previous experience leading business or social organizations, and/or serving on a Board in Canada.
- Have a strong understanding of the needs of the communities the organization serves.
- Integrity and commitment to represent the best interests of the organization.
- Adhere to the organization’s governance policies and procedures.
•understanding the Canadian context of their profession and workplace culture
•gathering information on their occupation and industry
•improving job search strategies and networks
We are currently looking to fill in 10 positions (at least 3 for French; 5 for Math and 1 each for Chemistry and English) for a volunteer tutor who will be able to help a newcomer students.
- help internationally trained individuals to gain a better understanding of the current job market in their field or occupation;
- establish valuable networking contacts;
- learn more about sector-specific language and professional practice in Canada.
- Mentorship and guidance
- Ongoing support to help the newcomer (and family) get started in Canada
- Gaining an understanding of Canadian cultural norms, social etiquette, and more
- Learning new life skills
- Building a social network
- Learning about community resources and their effective use
Attend and participate in monthly planning meetings (2 hrs per month).
Participate in work groups to create/edit resources, plan and host community events for families.
Expand the awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse in your communities.
- Help in organizing training, info sessions, workshops and events to celebrate seniors in your communities
- Support and encourage social participation and inclusion of seniors
- Participate in the creation of flyers, calendars and other promotional materials for the purpose of the SEEN project
- Assist with the production and distribution of promotional materials
- Perform outreach activities and other related duties as required