You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Office Administration
There are 17 record(s) that match your criteria.
-Assist with the completion of client applications as needed
-Review and verify client application information by phone
-Request income verification as required
-Schedule in-home assessments and renovation work
-Assistance in the preparation and completion of program documentation
- Help develop, plan & organize special events and support our organizational fundraising activities.
- Work with other team members to identify, solicit & connect with potential donors, prospects and sponsors.
- Assist create communications, mailing lists, promotional and marketing materials.
- Support other initiatives like annual gala, anniversary celebrations, event programming, volunteer & alumni relations, PR and special campaigns, as needed and assigned.
- Manage highly sensitive financial and other personal information with confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to travel and meet deadlines is required.
Prior relevant experience in a similar role especially working with non-profit organizations/charities/charitable foundations/schools is preferred but not necessary. Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and computer proficiency. Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and sense of urgency. Superb in negotiation and relationship cultivation. Creative-thinker, self-starter with ability to work independently and within a team.
- Update volunteer files
- Assist with documentation of completed hours
- Provide assistance in creating and updating volunteer orientation and training modules
- Assist with updating volunteer literature (position description and manuals)
- Assist with the creation and updating of policies and procedures
- Help with administrative duties as required (photocopying, faxing, etc.)
- Assist with the planning and execution of volunteer recognition programs and events
Our volunteer opportunities are vast and varied.
• Assist in answering phone calls
• Periodically review merchandise on shelves to further assist customer inquiries
• Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers;
• Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required;
• Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times;
• Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making appropriate referrals when appropriate;
• Other duties as required.
The role of the Cashier is to provide assistance to the ReStore with front line cash operations. This support allows HFH Halton to raise funds to cover the affiliate’s operational costs and build homes in the Halton community.
Responsible to: The ReStore Staff member on duty
Screening Process: Interview + provide two References + Police Check
We are governed by a Policy Board made up of a maximum of 11 volunteers, a mixture of parents and community members. Our board meets approximately 11 times per year (once per month, usually the 3rd Wednesday), in the evening. In addition to the board meetings, all board members have the opportunity to participate in one or more committees, which meet every 2 to 4 months. The average time commitment for our board members is about 3 to 4 hours per month. Each Board Member commits to a two-year term, during which they are to attend all Board meetings, vote on issues, sit on committees and form the governance direction of the organization.
We are currently accepting applications from interested and committed community members for the position of general Board Member. If you have a friend or neighbour in the community who you believe may be interested, please feel free to forward this posting to them.
If you are self-directed, currently reside in Halton, and are interested in giving back to your community, we would love to hear from you. We are a group of like-minded people who can have fun while still recognizing the important task our childcare centres must do.
Are you interested in learning more or applying? Please send by email a letter of interest to our Board President, Allison McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Board Member.
All communication will be kept confidential, and you will be contacted immediately with more information regarding the open positions. Please note that we ask for a minimum volunteer commitment of 2 years.
- Attend the meeting on the last Thursday of the month (except for Halloween!)
- Take minutes for that specific meeting
- Type up the minutes and create PDF file
- A volunteer with Real Estate or Property Management experience is urgently required.
- Someone with a Legal background would be a great addition to our Board of Directors.
- A Director with Fundraising experience is urgently required.
Regularly attend and participate in board monthly meetings. Read, review materials that involve the corporation, especially board minutes, reports, and any literature that involves the corporation. Exercise a fiduciary responsibility for the assets, finances and investments of the corporation and exercise due diligence, care and caution as if handling one’s own personal finances.
Assist staff with the organization of resource materials.
2. Emptying, cleaning out and restocking the store room
3. Answering telephones/taking messages in the office
Answer the phones.Communicate messages to the staff.
Assist the public by giving out information about the agency.
Help with filing and general office work.