You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Board of Directors
There are 14 record(s) that match your criteria.
- Commit to the vision, mission and guiding values of the organization.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: Healthcare, Seniors Housing Development, Marketing and Fundraising, Strategic Development, Public Relations and Communications, Governance, Finance & Accounting, Human Services, Legal and Community Engagement.
- Participate in the on-going development and implementation of the organization’s four year strategic plan.
- Attend all monthly Board meetings and the AGM.
- Active participation on at least two committees of the Board.
- Have strong communication skills and fluency in English.
- Have previous experience leading business or social organizations, and/or serving on a Board in Canada.
- Have a strong understanding of the needs of the communities the organization serves.
- Integrity and commitment to represent the best interests of the organization.
- Adhere to the organization’s governance policies and procedures.
An overview of our women's service organization and the available volunteer opportunities that we offer will be presented. All volunteer positions require you to become a member of The May Court Club of Oakville. We are dedicated to creating a volunteer experience that can meet the active demands of today's lifestyle.
The Board of Directors manages every facet of the club. Terms are a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years in the same role. Job descriptions are available and can be requested from the Membership Director. Board Orientation is available.
Our fiscal year runs from September 1st to June 30th. The club does not operate throughout the summer months, although the club audit is conducted in the summer.
-Utilize expertise in a professional field and provide counsel and advise to support the successful governance of the organization
-Support and provide guidance to the Executive Director in accordance with the Board of Directors By-laws
-Ensure Board By-laws remain current and relevant
-Provide expertise and advice in the development of the overall strategic direction of the organization
-Support and assist in the development of philanthropic resources and fundraising efforts; attend MCRC fundraising events
-Understand and influence, where necessary, public policies that affect MCRC
-Network within the community and advocate on behalf of the organization
-Report to the community and stakeholders at the Annual General Meeting
-Monitor and evaluate the Executive Director's performance
-Participate on Board sub-committees and attend monthly Board meetings
MCRC is especially interested in applicants from diverse backgrounds with expertise in not-for-profit operations and in Law and/or Human Resources.
Please forward your cover letter and resumé to Becky Andrade, Associate Executive Director at email@example.com.
We are governed by a Policy Board made up of a maximum of 11 volunteers, a mixture of parents and community members. Our board meets approximately 11 times per year (once per month, usually the 3rd Wednesday), in the evening. In addition to the board meetings, all board members have the opportunity to participate in one or more committees, which meet every 2 to 4 months. The average time commitment for our board members is about 3 to 4 hours per month. Each Board Member commits to a two-year term, during which they are to attend all Board meetings, vote on issues, sit on committees and form the governance direction of the organization.
We are currently accepting applications from interested and committed community members for the position of general Board Member. If you have a friend or neighbour in the community who you believe may be interested, please feel free to forward this posting to them.
If you are self-directed, currently reside in Halton, and are interested in giving back to your community, we would love to hear from you. We are a group of like-minded people who can have fun while still recognizing the important task our childcare centres must do.
Are you interested in learning more or applying? Please send by email a letter of interest to our Board President, Allison McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Board Member.
All communication will be kept confidential, and you will be contacted immediately with more information regarding the open positions. Please note that we ask for a minimum volunteer commitment of 2 years.
- A volunteer with Real Estate or Property Management experience is urgently required.
- Someone with a Legal background would be a great addition to our Board of Directors.
- A Director with Fundraising experience is urgently required.
Regularly attend and participate in board monthly meetings. Read, review materials that involve the corporation, especially board minutes, reports, and any literature that involves the corporation. Exercise a fiduciary responsibility for the assets, finances and investments of the corporation and exercise due diligence, care and caution as if handling one’s own personal finances.
• Attend regularly scheduled Board meetings on a monthly basis (approx. 2 hours in the evening from 7 – 9 on every last Tuesday of each month)
• Prepare for regular and committee meetings
• Join and contribute to board committees
• Represent MFB at community events and other functions
We encourage applications from those individuals who are familiar with the Peel and Halton Communities, its diversity and resources. Previous experience serving as a volunteer Board Member or another governance role would be an asset, but not required.
MFB is looking for individuals with a background in accounting, fundraising, marketing and social services. Training will be provided for all new board members.
If you are interested, please email a cover letter and resume to The Nominating Committee, c/o Nina Douglas, President and Board Chair at email@example.com