You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Translation / Languages / Interpretation
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Visits are weekly for as little as one-hour time commitment for an in-home visit or a couple of hours if you care to take them to an activity in which you share an interest such as coffee, shopping, attend an art show, live music, even for a walk by the lake. By volunteering, you may also be providing some much-needed support to a caregiver or family member simply by visiting one of our wonderful clients.
Your visit helps maintain and encourage the client's confidence and independence.
We have a long list of non-English speaking clients waiting for company.
We are currently looking to fill in 10 positions (at least 3 for French; 5 for Math and 1 each for Chemistry and English) for a volunteer tutor who will be able to help a newcomer students.
Weekly visit one of our wonderful clients' in their home. During your visit you can chat over coffee, play a game of cards, visit the library or museum, run some errands together - like grocery shopping...these are just a few ideas.
You'll be helping keep seniors and psychically challenged adults active, independent and happy.
Expand the awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse in your communities.
- Help in organizing training, info sessions, workshops and events to celebrate seniors in your communities
- Support and encourage social participation and inclusion of seniors
- Participate in the creation of flyers, calendars and other promotional materials for the purpose of the SEEN project
- Assist with the production and distribution of promotional materials
- Perform outreach activities and other related duties as required