Halton Children's Aid Society, Burlington Office
Toys/gifts stored in Burlington office – 1445 Norjohn Court, Unit # 1, Burlington, Ontario
If you enjoy the warmth and spirit of the holiday season and bringing a smile to the face of a child, this is the role for you. A group of volunteers are required at this very busy time of year to coordinate the gifts and donations that are offered to the children and youth in the care of Halton Children’s Aid Society. Toys that are donated to our children in care are sorted and wrapped by gender and age group. They are then distributed to our foster parents who present them to the children at agency provided parties.
Community Development Halton, Volunteer Halton
We need an occasional Driver, and we invite this individual to be a Member of our Development Committee, so that he or she will feel part of the organization, as a valued member of our group's decision- making process.This membership is an invitation, not a requirement. We hope to be able to cover fuel costs, but we need to be frank - we will not know till February whether the fuel costs can be covered. In the meantime, there will not be much call for a Driver. We are planning projects that will require quite a bit of getting around, so we hope that the arrangement can be paid for through a special fund-matching project with the City. There might rarely be a need to pick up an individual who lives in Hamilton, needing to get to the Burlington Public Library to make a presentation.
The vehicle might need to carry event materials as well as people (e.g.)folded tables, refreshments, and other materials for a tree planting event.materials
Food for Life Canada
Food for Life warehouse : 2258 Mountainside Drive, Burlington
We receive various food donations from all over the Halton Region. This donated food needs to be picked up, as well as distributed to various agencies and FFL programs throughout the Region. Our drivers need a hand when loading and unloading the truck. You could be helping on a truck that goes to Milton, Georgetown, Acton, Oakville, or Burlington.
• Wednesday shift - 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM
• 2258 Mountainside Drive, Burlington, Ontario – the starting and ending point, if living in Milton, could possibly pick up enroute if supporting the Halton Hills programs that day
Links2Care, Acton, Community Social Services Programs
From clients home to restaurant and back
Volunteers drive clients to and from dining locations and can participate in the meal. A social outing for shut-in seniors every other week. Outing includes transportation by volunteers, if needed, to a local restaurant.
Suitable for Adults and Seniors who have a good driving record.
Victorian Order of Nurses, Toronto-York Region Branch, Peel Satellite Office
Delivering meals to Oakville or Mississauga
a) Pick up and deliver meals to clients, including:
• Reporting to the designated depot at the assigned time (Mississauga near Oakville border)
• Picking up route list, and meals, etc.
• Delivering meals to assigned clients, dropping off notices etc. within expected time frames
• Ensuring that meals are received by the client at the time of delivery or following previously made arrangements or procedures
• Talking with the client to observe that they are safe and all is well
• Returning containers and any money collected to the designated depot
• Returning any undelivered meals to the designated depot
b) Maintain confidentiality of route sheets
c) Submission of expense claim form as required
d) Use “MOW” car sign to facilitate parking and to increase community awareness of the program
e) Report to the supervisor any concerns regarding the well-being of the clients
f) Attend in-service training as arranged by the branch, including initial orientation
Milton Meals on Wheels
Allendale Long Term Care, 185 Ontario St S, Milton, Ontario
Deliver hot meals to clients within our community who are unable to prepare meals for themselves in the Milton area.
Compassion Society of Halton
484 Plains Road East, Burlington (Bingo Hall plaza)
Clothes sorters, client helpers, donation box empires.
Scouts for donations: food and clothes.
Oakville Meals on Wheels
Start at Mo's Family Restaurant, 467 Speers Road - Deliveries throughout Oakville
To deliver hot and/or frozen meals to individuals in their homes in Oakville on a regular or substitute basis.
Halton Children's Aid Society, Burlington Office
Milton and Halton Hills
Our Volunteer drivers play an extremely valuable role in the lives of our children in care. As a driver, you become a familiar and friendly face the children can depend on, someone who will listen to their stories and bring a smile to their faces at what can be a very confusing time in their lives.
If you have a few hours to spare a week, enjoy driving and love children then this is the volunteer role for you. Volunteer drivers take children and on occasion parents, to various appointments: therapy sessions, family visits, counselling sessions, court dates, support groups, and other important meetings.
Drivers are currently needed during day time hours. Some do a specific drive or two each week, others are called upon on a daily basis and yet others do once a month. We are always in need of reliable, readily available volunteer drivers.
Oak Park Neighbourhood Centre, Community Social Services Programs
2200 Sawgrass Drive, Oakville
Assist with filling out forms, assist client in making calls for services and referrals, potentially help clients with setting budgets, set goals and drive to appointments. Help people in need who come into the centre with our staff support!
The Salvation Army, Khi Community, Milton, Community and Family Services
820 Nipissing, Unit #4 Milton ON L9T 4Z9
Sorting of food; pre-bagging of groceries for clients; general warehouse duties as required.
Kerr Street Mission, Family Programs
Cobs Bread Lakeshore Road to Kerr Street Mission (Kerr St& Speers Rd), Oakville
- Attend at Cobs Bread Lakeshore Road when the store closes and package up all of the unsold product which Cobs donates to Kerr Street Mission and then deliver it to Kerr Street Mission at Kerr Street and Speers Road.
- Training is provided and gloves and bags which are necessary to get the job done are provided.
- Able to lift about 20 pounds of bread product and to be conscientious in getting the job done.
- Only takes total of one hour of your time per week or as many days of the week you would like to volunteer.
- Two people are required at a time to perform this task.
- Students welcome to earn volunteer hours
- A car is essential so either a parent driving a student, or student driver with valid ID or anyone else who knows how to drive and has a vehicle.
Summit Housing and Outreach Programs, Burlington Office, Mental Health Supportive Housing and Outreach Programs
We are looking for insured, full G licensed drivers to expand our social and recreational programming. Drive our clients to our social recreational activities in one of our vans, (or your own vehicle; your choice.) Our activities run throughout the Halton Region during regular business hours.
Training is provided and all expenses are covered. You are welcome to join our activities. Make some new friends, get some exercise, commune with nature or stretch your artistic talents, all while giving back to your community.
Shifts are flexible and are offered throughout the region.
Lived mental health experience considered an asset.
Links2Care, Georgetown, Community Social Services Programs
Georgetown and Acton area
Drives to deliver meals with or without another volunteer to seniors and shut-ins in the area. Ensures that all meal components are being delivered. The driver could be expected to deliver meals in apartment buildings. A general knowledge of the Georgetown area is an asset.
Compassion Society of Halton
484 Plains Rd E, Burlington
- Collecting food donations all over the city Monday, Wednesday Friday from 9:00 - 1:00 pm
- Bread collection from Cobbs Bread on Tuesday & Thursdays at 8:00 pm
- Emptying 6 clothing bins all over Burlington during food collection routes
- Transporting food to partnering organizations for families in need when and where needed (sporadic and not daily)
- We are looking for a dedicated and reliable volunteer who feels comfortable lifting and also is able to walk back and forth to help us do recyclables, garbage etc.
St Christophers Anglican Church, Burlington, Open Doors @ St Christophers
Pick up and deliver milk and eggs to Food Bank weekly.
Twice a month pick up market vegetables.
This position requires moderate lifting and access to a vehicle
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Halton and Hamilton, Oakville Office
A volunteer(s) is matched with a little brother or sister between the ages of six and sixteen. Together they spend 2 or 3 hours a week out in the community enjoying shared interests and participating in low cost social, educational and recreational activities. It is highly recommended that the volunteer have access to a vehicle.
Burlington. City Building - Planning, Building and Culture, Animal Control - Burlington Animal Shelter and Dog Licensing
•You must be comfortable transporting animals in a cage (moving into and out of vehicle)
•Ability to work independently and communicate your experiences with animal shelter staff
•Dependable and committed to helping out when available
•Drive animals in your own vehicle to prearranged rescue groups/rehabilitation centers.
Halton Fresh Food Box
Driver picks up truck from the rental agency and brings truck to packing site unless directed to another place to pick up supplies to bring to the packing site.
•Delivery team oversees the loading of boxes onto the truck. Work with the lead shipper to ensure the correct number of boxes are on truck.
•Driver takes the lead to ensure the truck has a balanced load and that boxes of different sizes are easily accessible when reach drop sites.
•Driver or Volunteer assistant reviews delivery order with box packing coordinator at the packing site before leaving on delivery. There may be minor changes each month to the delivery route.
•Drive orders to drop-sites as required. Determine the best route to meet the schedule.
•Substantial lifting and walking are required. Boxes sometimes exceed 25 lbs.
•When arriving at drop sites – volunteer assistant and driver meet and greet volunteer drop site coordinator. Together using a dolly unload the boxes to the designated area. Driver and delivery assistant work together to offload as a team with shared workload.
•The drivers and delivery personnel (two people on the truck at all times) are the community face of the program. Must be willing to be good ambassadors for the non-profit program which is nearly 100% volunteer operated.
Halton Fresh Food Box
Milton, Oakville, Burlington, Georgetown
There are two main volunteer options:
1. To assist packing and delivering Fresh Food Boxes to residents of Halton region. Weighting and packing of fruits and vegetables into plastic boxes on the first Tuesday in Milton, second Tuesday in Oakville, third Tuesday in Burlington and the fourth Tuesday in Georgetown of every month
2. Assisting with foodbox deliveries throughout Halton Region. Approximately 10 am to 2 or 3 pm depending on the location. This position involves loading, unloading and carrying of boxes which weigh up to 30 plus pounds.