You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Volunteer Coordination
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
You will work with other leads to plan the event day activities, including the timing for setup and take-down, and the schedule of events.
You will also coordinate the location for any pick-ups and deliveries and provide logistics support to all committee members.
You are a people person and will experience a strong sense of satisfaction when you facilitate all the pieces of the Relay event coming together.
The committee will meet regularly over the course of the year, with increasing commitments as the event approaches
- Mentorship and guidance
- Ongoing support to help the newcomer (and family) get started in Canada
- Gaining an understanding of Canadian cultural norms, social etiquette, and more
- Learning new life skills
- Building a social network
- Learning about community resources and their effective use
Attend and participate in monthly planning meetings (2 hrs per month).
Participate in work groups to create/edit resources, plan and host community events for families.
- Students will form relay teams to fundraise and take turn walking or running around your school’s track, passing the baton to teammates to achieve personal or team distance goals, and connect with others in this emotionally inspiring event