You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Writing / Editing
There are 18 record(s) that match your criteria.
The team will meet regularly over the course of the year, with increasing commitments as the event approaches. Each team member will have their own portfolio but will share a passion for the mission: to provide the opportunity for those affected by cancer to come together and draw support while raising funds for critical, life-saving cancer research and programs.
Upon review of STRIDE’s communication material, we have undertaken a refresh of STRIDE’s marketing material based on our brand/marketing strategy. As such, we want to leverage the skills of a marketing assistant to help us through the branding process.
Ideally the marketing assistant will have some experience in developing key messages/brand/marketing strategy.
The Marketing Assistant will review current marketing material and develop a high level marketing strategy for STRIDE (e.g. media, print media etc.). This strategy will be used by the graphic designer to inform marketing design.
Create awareness around the immediate community about the event through media releases, online community boards, post event media releases and more.
Based on your background, expertise & special interest, you could help with various organizational initiatives such as marketing, communication, social media, event management & coordination, youth & community engagement, fundraising, donations, program support, administrative support, coaching, recreation, program activities, teaching assistance, education support, general assistance, transportation, food prep, kitchen work, meal preparation, usher, server, games, sports etc.
• Help manage various social media channels for the OCO.
• Amplify key messages via social media, attract qualified followers, drive engagement and increase participation in events and campaigns. You will stay on top of industry trends, company or customer stories, and breaking news to seize opportunities to strategically inject OCO into timely news articles and social discussions.
• Establish, monitor, analyze and communicate PR/social media targets and results. You have impeccable writing skills and a learned understanding of engaging and interacting with different social media communities.
• Understand social metrics and are able to identify the ‘so what?’ behind them as you’ll be reporting on insights development and some measure the success of our campaigns.
What can you expect to do?
• Be Curious and constantly seek creativity
• monitor social media accounts and respond to questions and comments
• be highly familiar with the tone of the patron and be able to represent across social channels accordingly
• support the creation of monthly trend reports, campaign pulse reports and conduct sentiment analysis
• assist with the creation of organic content (ideation, creative development, copywriting)
• support the management of the monthly content calendars
• participate in research and social listening to uncover insights for strategic planning
• provide thought-starters into new & emerging trends and how they might be applied to current projects and campaigns
• bring value based upon your experience and interests within the Arts social and advertising space
• Responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive multi-channel marketing strategy that helps achieve objectives approved by the Board
• Helps develop, execute and manage OCO’s brand, social media, website, publications, marketing, advertising, and communications in a proactive and strategic manner
• Success is measured by achieving increasing levels of recognition of OCO leading to a target number of concert attendees and associated revenues
• A passion for music and previous experience in event organizing is desirable
• This position reports to the President
Kindly provide copy of CV and a letter indicating interest and motivation in seeking this position.
We are governed by a Policy Board made up of a maximum of 11 volunteers, a mixture of parents and community members. Our board meets approximately 11 times per year (once per month, usually the 3rd Wednesday), in the evening. In addition to the board meetings, all board members have the opportunity to participate in one or more committees, which meet every 2 to 4 months. The average time commitment for our board members is about 3 to 4 hours per month. Each Board Member commits to a two-year term, during which they are to attend all Board meetings, vote on issues, sit on committees and form the governance direction of the organization.
We are currently accepting applications from interested and committed community members for the position of general Board Member. If you have a friend or neighbour in the community who you believe may be interested, please feel free to forward this posting to them.
If you are self-directed, currently reside in Halton, and are interested in giving back to your community, we would love to hear from you. We are a group of like-minded people who can have fun while still recognizing the important task our childcare centres must do.
Are you interested in learning more or applying? Please send by email a letter of interest to our Board President, Allison McLean at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Board Member.
All communication will be kept confidential, and you will be contacted immediately with more information regarding the open positions. Please note that we ask for a minimum volunteer commitment of 2 years.
- Attend the meeting on the last Thursday of the month (except for Halloween!)
- Take minutes for that specific meeting
- Type up the minutes and create PDF file
The duties include:
- Developing a vision and strategic direction for the organization with a plan to achieve healthy growth
- Serving as a spokesperson for the organization
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new sponsors and advertisers
- Management and governance of the organization
- Developing agendas, chairing Board meetings, and organizing the annual general meeting
- Ensuring the monitoring and evaluating of the quality of collective and individual Board member performance
- Ensuring timely and effective performance of organizational functions necessary for the maintenance of not-for-profit charitable organization tax related status.
- Ensuring the Board is meeting its obligations in relation to effective:
• organizational planning
• efficient and prudent financial management
• resource development and fundraising
• relationships with the community
• management of human resources
• management of responsive, quality programming
Attend and participate in monthly planning meetings (2 hrs per month).
Participate in work groups to create/edit resources, plan and host community events for families.
We are looking for volunteers who would like to work with our Social Media team (interviewing, editing, video and photo) and to work with our Theatre group (writing play scripts, rehearsing lines, setting up final stage presentation)
In The Loop Media (Mondays and/or Wednesdays 9-3).
Theatre group (Fridays 9-3).
Answer the phones.Communicate messages to the staff.
Assist the public by giving out information about the agency.
Help with filing and general office work.
- Help out with various everyday tasks such as setting up for lunch, cleaning up after lunch