You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Human Resources / Interviewing
There are 7 record(s) that match your criteria.
- Update volunteer files
- Assist with documentation of completed hours
- Provide assistance in creating and updating volunteer orientation and training modules
- Assist with updating volunteer literature (position description and manuals)
- Assist with the creation and updating of policies and procedures
- Help with administrative duties as required (photocopying, faxing, etc.)
- Assist with the planning and execution of volunteer recognition programs and events
- Liaise with community agencies and secondary schools in Halton.
- Display an organized and appealing visual presentation.
- Host tables at various events such as community wellness/volunteer fairs and volunteer recruitment drives at secondary schools.
- Participate in on-going training in order to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of ROCK services, specifically the Youth Aiding Youth program and other youth engagement initiatives.
- Effectively engage attendees while discussing/presenting information regarding ROCK services, particularly volunteer opportunities at Youth Aiding Youth.
- Distribute volunteer recruitment posters in the community and within secondary schools.
- Engage community agencies and secondary schools through YAY’s social media accounts while at community events.
- Debrief with YAY Program Coordinator at the end of each event.
Interested Candidates will be:
-Age 18 years and older
-Capable of traveling to various locations within the Halton community
-Comfortable with public speaking and presenting to small crowds
-Capable of having a flexible schedule with the ability to commit to daytime, evening and weekend outreach opportunities
-Utilize expertise in a professional field and provide counsel and advise to support the successful governance of the organization
-Support and provide guidance to the Executive Director in accordance with the Board of Directors By-laws
-Ensure Board By-laws remain current and relevant
-Provide expertise and advice in the development of the overall strategic direction of the organization
-Support and assist in the development of philanthropic resources and fundraising efforts; attend MCRC fundraising events
-Understand and influence, where necessary, public policies that affect MCRC
-Network within the community and advocate on behalf of the organization
-Report to the community and stakeholders at the Annual General Meeting
-Monitor and evaluate the Executive Director's performance
-Participate on Board sub-committees and attend monthly Board meetings
MCRC is especially interested in applicants from diverse backgrounds with expertise in not-for-profit operations and in Law and/or Human Resources.
Please forward your cover letter and resumé to Becky Andrade, Associate Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- help internationally trained individuals to gain a better understanding of the current job market in their field or occupation;
- establish valuable networking contacts;
- learn more about sector-specific language and professional practice in Canada.
We are looking for volunteers who would like to work with our Social Media team (interviewing, editing, video and photo) and to work with our Theatre group (writing play scripts, rehearsing lines, setting up final stage presentation)
In The Loop Media (Mondays and/or Wednesdays 9-3).
Theatre group (Fridays 9-3).
Each of the 20 interview experiences will include five different participants from the developmental disabilities community and five volunteers/research assistants. The duration of the interview experiences will be 2.5 hours and will run from January to August, 2019 (one-to-three interview experiences will be held each month).
We are looking for volunteers who are:
• Committed to the rights of people with disabilities to live dignified lives
• Not related to participating adult with disability
• Creative, and open-minded
• Patient, flexible and understanding
• Supportive and compassionate
• Responsible and maintains confidentiality
• Excellent listeners and creative communicators
• Artistic or have an appreciation for the arts
• Able to work as part of a team
• MUST attend mandatory volunteer training - January 26
• Available for first interview experience on Monday, January 28, 4pm to 7pm.
We do not give advice. Volunteers befriend and listen to callers, provide crisis prevention/intervention and help callers explore alternatives so they may find a solution to their particular situation.