You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Indus Community Services, Oakville Office, Newcomer and Employment Services
There are 1 record(s) that match your criteria.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
- Be able to communicate in one or more South Asian languages.
- Support South Asian parent(s), including international students with one-on-one guidance though their pregnancy, followed by ongoing support and mentorship post-pregnancy.
- Build supportive relationships through conversation, discussion and provide encouragement to isolated parents in a culturally supportive manner.
- Provide cultural safety information/resources to individuals who may fear repercussions of having a baby.
- Mentor and role model to enhance parenting and child management skills.
- Identify areas of support and connect parents to community resources.
- Meet with parents on a regular basis and provide regular check-in to offer support on a regular basis at a mutually agreed upon time on a regular basis.
- Complete all required documentation.
- Report issues, concerns and all incidents to the Family Services Counsellor - Community Engagement Coordinator.
- Adhere to the vision, mission and guiding values of the organization and the MASSI program.
- Represent Indus in a professional manner at all times.
- Be committed to the agency and the agreed upon hours.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned.