You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Oakville Chamber Orchestra
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
Our organization is based in Oakville. This position requires a commitment of about 5 hours per week and attendance at board meetings about 10 times per year.
- Responsible for executing strategy and a variety of tasks involved in our fundraising efforts throughout the Season.
- Success is measured by achieving a target number of attendees as well as the dollar amount raised.
- A passion for music and previous experience in event organizing is desirable.
- This position reports to the Fundraising Director.
. Usher audience members into the Church, provide programs and sometimes assist in seating more elderly audience members . Assist in staging of concerts, moving piano, chairs and stands before and clearing chairs etc after the concert.
We are looking for volunteers with an interest in:
- understanding how an orchestra concert is presented
- providing excellent customer service to OCO patrons
- helping set up the stage & box office before concerts and tear-down post-concert
- ushering and interacting with patrons
- assisting in raffle and soloist flower presentations
- assisting with intermission reception preparation, execution & clean-up
The duties include:
- Serving as a spokesperson for the organization
- Developing and maintaining relationships with sponsors and advertisers
- Management and governance of the organization
- Developing agendas and chairing Board meetings, and organizing the annual general meeting
- Ensuring the monitoring and evaluating of the quality of collective and individual Board member performance
- Ensuring timely and effective performance of organizational functions necessary for the maintenance of not-for-profit charitable organization tax related status.
- Ensuring the Board is meeting its obligations in relation to effective:
• organizational planning
• efficient and prudent financial management
• resource development and fundraising
• relationships with the community
• management of human resources
• management of responsive, quality programming