You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Halton Fresh Food Box
There are 4 record(s) that match your criteria.
• Delivery team oversees loading of boxes onto the truck. Work with lead shipper to ensure correct number of boxes are on truck.
• Driver takes the lead to ensure the truck has a balanced load and that boxes of different sizes are easily accessible when reach drop sites.
• Driver or Volunteer assistant reviews delivery order with box packing coordinator at the packing site before leaving on delivery. There may be minor changes each month to the delivery route.
• Drive orders to drop-sites as required. Determine best route to meet schedule.
Substantial lifting and walking is required. Boxes sometimes exceed 25 lbs.
• When arrive at drop sites – Volunteer assistant and driver meet and greet volunteer drop site coordinator. Together using a dolly unload the boxes to the designated area. Driver and delivery assistant work together to offload as a team with shared work load.
• The drivers and delivery personnel (two people on the truck at all times) are the community face of the program. Must be willing to be a good ambassadors for the non-profit program which is nearly 100% volunteer operated.
1. To assist packing and delivering Fresh Food Boxes to residents of Halton region. Weighting and packing of fruits and vegetables into plastic boxes on the first Tuesday in Milton, second Tuesday in Oakville, third Tuesday in Burlington and the fourth Tuesday in Georgetown of every month
2. Assisting with foodbox deliveries throughout Halton Region. Approximately 10 am to 2 or 3 pm depending on the location. This position involves loading, unloading and carrying of boxes which weigh up to 30 plus pounds.