You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Start2Finish, Oakville - Oakwood Public School, Running & Reading Club
There are 1 record(s) that match your criteria.
- Physical activity: Volunteers lead warm up, running workouts, and other fitness activities while cheering them on and providing encouragement.
- Snack: Volunteers help to distribute snack to the students after the physical activity component.
- Word of the Day: Volunteers have the opportunity to explain a "Word of the Day” for the whole group. They will share the word selected for that week (as provided in the Director’s Manual) and ask for feedback from the students regarding the definition and how they can use it at some point in their lives.
- Journal: Volunteers assist children to record their accomplishments in both running and reading each week.
- Reading: Volunteers supervise as children read silently, read one-on-one with children or lead group reading, listen to them read and providing help and encouragement.