You performed a search for: Suitable for: Persons with a physical disability
There are 5 record(s) that match your criteria.
- Establish and maintain physical and emotional and social/cultural safety
- Provide socio-emotional support and connect group members with additional resources
- Promote, initiate and guide interactions that are characterized by equality and non-judgment
- Role model in the expression of authentic emotion and respectful, empathetic interactions
- Listen empathetically by giving your full attention to the speaker
- Journey alongside members as they navigate their grief and mourn the loss of their loved one
- Reassure group members of the individual nature of grief
- Observe group members’ expressions and reactions
- Identify, intervene and help to resolve conflict
- Explore opportunities for growth and change
- Support survivors of sexual assault and violence (and their support people) on the SAVIS 24 hour crisis line using an anti-
racist/anti-oppression feminist framework
- Complete SAVIS crisis line training and evaluation
- Agree to work 20 hours per month on the crisis line
- Must attend monthly volunteer meetings (6:30pm-8:30pm)
- Schedule shifts with Coordinator
- Submit monthly statistics reports
We understand and appreciated that each volunteer's skill may not fit with every task.
2. Warehouse Helper - Helping our staff and other volunteers in the warehouse, moving furniture, accepting donations. Steel-toe safety shoes are required. This position is available during the week and on Saturdays.
3. Client Service Representative - Supporting clients with choosing furniture for their homes. Preparing documents and taking pictures. Help staff to receive drop off items from our donors. Organizing furniture records.
4. Outreach Support - Supporting our team with all outreach programs: delivering flyers, meeting with potential donors and coordinators, participating in events and festivals. This position is available to volunteers with a very limited time, can be done during the day or after hours. Some weekends are required (shows and festivals). Multimedia developers and fans are welcome to update our media platforms.