You performed a search for: Suitable for: Newcomers / English as a second language
There are 14 record(s) that match your criteria.
If you’re ready to learn about advocacy and committed to taking action every month, join us!
*** To volunteer: sign up here: https://resultscanada.ca/join-us/ ***
Since BurlingtonGreen began hosting this inclusive event in 2011, a whopping 109,000+ participants have joined these collective efforts, resulting in cleaner and greener parks, streams, schoolyards and neighbourhoods. You can participate in this eco-action activity through to October 31, 2021!
Please note that the community’s health and safety is of utmost importance to us, please follow Halton COVID-19 safety guidelines to ensure your personal safety and those around you prior to choosing to participate in any eco-activities or tips shared by BurlingtonGreen.
Visit www.burlingtongreen.org for further details and to sign up to participate!
• Attend virtual meetings weekly
• Plan, organize and participate on projects and events
• Give insight about what’s missing in our community for youth and how we can work together to find some solutions
• A suggested commitment of 6-12 months, but feel free to attend some meetings first to check it out!
Please note: This opportunity only for youth residing in ACTON or GEORGETOWN. Thank you
Suitable for Adults and Seniors who have a good driving record.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
- Be able to communicate in one or more South Asian languages.
- Support South Asian parent(s), including international students with one-on-one guidance though their pregnancy, followed by ongoing support and mentorship post-pregnancy.
- Build supportive relationships through conversation, discussion and provide encouragement to isolated parents in a culturally supportive manner.
- Provide cultural safety information/resources to individuals who may fear repercussions of having a baby.
- Mentor and role model to enhance parenting and child management skills.
- Identify areas of support and connect parents to community resources.
- Meet with parents on a regular basis and provide regular check-in to offer support on a regular basis at a mutually agreed upon time on a regular basis.
- Complete all required documentation.
- Report issues, concerns and all incidents to the Family Services Counsellor - Community Engagement Coordinator.
- Adhere to the vision, mission and guiding values of the organization and the MASSI program.
- Represent Indus in a professional manner at all times.
- Be committed to the agency and the agreed upon hours.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned.
Work in teams or as individuals sorting canned foods, identifying best before dates, stocking shelves and assisting with the general clean up, organization and maintenance of the warehouse.
Are you between the ages of 14 - 24? Are you interested in protecting the environment? Do you want to learn how YOU can make a difference? Whether you are a passionate environmentalist, if you have even a small interest, or want to know where to start, our drop-in Zoom meetings are for YOU!
By sharing ideas, resources, successes and by working together on school and community eco-projects, we can have a greater impact with a louder voice. After all, it is OUR collective future.
UPCOMING BGYN (BurlingtonGreen Youth Network) MEETINGS AND EVENTS
Every other Monday @ 4:30 over Zoom.
We have made our meetings bi weekly, and virtual for the time being. Join us every other week as we learn about eco-issues and campaigns, plan educational / empowering activities eco-action activities for the community, discuss the latest eco-news, and connect with like minded people. All are welcome!
Where and How: On Zoom. Message us on social media or send us an e-mail for the link
When: Every other Monday at 4:30pm (stay tuned to our Instagram to see promos for upcoming meetings / events).
If you have something you would like to add to the agenda, please let us know when you join the meeting or get the invite
2. Warehouse Helper - Helping our staff and other volunteers in the warehouse, moving furniture, accepting donations. Steel-toe safety shoes are required. This position is available during the week and on Saturdays.
3. Client Service Representative - Supporting clients with choosing furniture for their homes. Preparing documents and taking pictures. Help staff to receive drop off items from our donors. Organizing furniture records.
4. Outreach Support - Supporting our team with all outreach programs: delivering flyers, meeting with potential donors and coordinators, participating in events and festivals. This position is available to volunteers with a very limited time, can be done during the day or after hours. Some weekends are required (shows and festivals). Multimedia developers and fans are welcome to update our media platforms.
- Make phone calls to clients that are in need, especially during these hard times
- Assist in various programs that we offer online to clients
- Training will be provided
- Shifts are flexible and are offered to our clients throughout the Region, Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm
- Lived mental health experience considered an asset.
The Women's Centre is looking for volunteers in our Oakville and Milton locations. If you would like to help other women through difficult times, we will provide the training and support so that you can truly make a difference!
Peer Supporter Volunteers provide clients with a safe, supportive environment in which they can explore their options and receive the information and support they need to make positive changes in their lives.
We are especially looking for volunteers for our Milton location to better serve the women of North Halton.
• Reporting to the designated depot at the assigned time (Mississauga near Oakville border)
• Picking up route list, and meals, etc.
• Delivering meals to assigned clients, dropping off notices etc. within expected time frames
• Ensuring that meals are received by the client at the time of delivery or following previously made arrangements or procedures
• Talking with the client to observe that they are safe and all is well
• Returning containers and any money collected to the designated depot
• Returning any undelivered meals to the designated depot
b) Maintain confidentiality of route sheets
c) Submission of expense claim form as required
d) Use “MOW” car sign to facilitate parking and to increase community awareness of the program
e) Report to the supervisor any concerns regarding the well-being of the clients
f) Attend in-service training as arranged by the branch, including initial orientation