You performed a search for: Suitable for: Families
There are 23 record(s) that match your criteria.
- Encourage guests and participants to bring a donation for the Infant Food Bank - diapers, formula, cereal and/or jars and pouches of baby food
-Volunteers work with the Infant Food Bank Facilitator to provide a plan for their event which includes methods of gathering donations, outline of product or fundraising goal and identification of event timeline.
- MCRC will provide posters and information about the Infant Food Bank and, if you like, an Infant Food Bank container for your guests to fill
Note: You can drop off your collected donations to MCRC at 410 Bronte Street South, Milton or we can arrange to pick them up.
Students: earn up to 4 hours of volunteer time for organizing and hosting your own Infant Food Bank event
I.e., office assistance, friendly visiting, assisting in activities, escorts to appointments, reading, library, computer, etc. Assignments will be based on volunteer skills and interests and department need.
Work with staff, partners, and Relay For Life volunteer committee to organize and plan the Canadian Cancer Society's signature event.
Duties include phone calls, contacting realtors and companies, delivering posters and flyers and community outreach.
• Maintenance tasks indoors and outdoors including, but not limited to: cleaning, upkeep of home, changing lights & batteries, painting, fixing items, and more.
We are currently recruiting for volunteers who would be interested in volunteering approximately once a week for a few hours to assist with routine maintenance tasks under the supervision of our onsite Maintenance Caretaker. Tasks may include painting, fixing items, changing light bulbs, changing batteries, tightening screws, sweeping patios, hanging frames/decor items, doing routine checks, fixing up walls, fastening items, etc! Lots to be done!
Some lifting of equipment required.
Help at BBQ (post food for riders and walkers)
Are you friendly, team worker, and have experience handling cash or in the food service business..then we want you!
Areas of opportunities are as follows:
THE BISTRO CAFE..daily food service
Breakfast @ the Bistro..Saturday monthly event
Physical activity: Volunteers lead warm up, running workouts, and other fitness activities while cheering them on and providing encouragement.
Snack: Volunteers help to distribute snack to the students after the physical activity component.
Word of the Day: Volunteers have the opportunity to explain a "Word of the Day” for the whole group. They will share the word selected for that week (as provided in the Director’s Manual) and ask for feedback from the students regarding the definition and how they can use it at some point in their lives.
Journal: Volunteers assist children to record their accomplishments in both running and reading each week.
Reading: Volunteers supervise as children read silently, read one-on-one with children or lead group reading, listen to them read and providing help and encouragement.
The running group will be targeted to our youth in care between the ages of 12-18.
The youth will learn to run 5kms and complete a 5km run
The group will also have an educational component with weekly presentations on key health issues.
Each youth will be set up with a mentor to run alongside.
This is a free neighbourhood event for older adults. A hot lunch, time to socialize and play cards, games and shoot pool afterwards.
There are a variety of event components and duties to choose from that may include: serving refreshments, conducting tours, reception/admission duties, gift shop sales, assisting in the children’s activity area or set-up of equipment for the event (some heavy lifting may be required).
• Ensure the merchandise is presented in a tidy, clean and organized manner to encourage sales
• Responsible to know what merchandise is currently on the shelves
• Be able to respond to customer inquiries regarding merchandise when needed
• Assist with loading and unloading donated merchandise from/to customers’ vehicles
• Actively approach customers to help them find items they are looking for
• Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers
• Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required
• Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times
• Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making referrals when appropriate
• Other duties as required.
Provide customer service
Help with general housekeeping tasks
Assist with pick ups
Repair damaged items and assembles products to sell in the ReStore
Based on your background, expertise & special interest, you could help with various organizational initiatives such as marketing, communication, social media, event management & coordination, youth & community engagement, fundraising, donations, program support, administrative support, coaching, recreation, program activities, teaching assistance, education support, general assistance, transportation, food prep, kitchen work, meal preparation, usher, server, games, sports etc.
- Help with interactive stations, kids programs and crafts
- Lead tours
- Assist with theme specific activities
- Take pictures for the Willow Park records and online postings
Summer camp days in July and August give volunteers the opportunity to learn new crafts and assist younger children with making crafts and learning about nature in the park.
• Learn how and help measure and ID trees
• Maintain vital trails system for the park
• Identify and remove invasive plants
Those who step forward to help with gardening learn about water efficiency, and what plants are habitat or food for which wildlife and important insect species. And very importantly, what plants are invaders that overrun our local natural spaces if not kept in check through removal and replacement plantings. Of course the learning occurs while engaged in hands-on projects that may include getting your hands dirty, while digging, planting, weeding, watering. Then, take a walk in the park and watch your work “grow! The Park is a great place to meet others while enjoying the outdoors!