Salvation Army, Oakville - Rebecca St, Community and Family Services
Various Locations Across Oakville
Greeting people with a smile :) in various locations around town, volunteers are required to help raise funds by standing with a donation kettle/station and accept donations from the public.
Shifts are typically 2 hours long and you can donate as much of your time as you would like!
If you'd like to become actively involved in making a positive contribution in your community, we have various volunteer positions available with ActiveChefs - a not-for-profit charitable organization (Canadian registered charity) serving school-age children in various elementary schools & community neighbourhoods covering Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Acton, Georgetown, Mississauga and Brampton.
Based on your background, expertise & special interest, you could help with various organizational initiatives such as marketing, communication, social media, event management & coordination, youth & community engagement, fundraising, donations, program support, administrative support, coaching, recreation, program activities, teaching assistance, education support, general assistance, transportation, food prep, kitchen work, meal preparation, usher, server, games, sports etc.
We are seeking dynamic and energetic individuals to:
- Help develop, plan & organize special events and support our organizational fundraising activities.
- Work with other team members to identify, solicit & connect with potential donors, prospects and sponsors.
- Assist create communications, mailing lists, promotional and marketing materials.
- Support other initiatives like annual gala, anniversary celebrations, event programming, volunteer & alumni relations, PR and special campaigns, as needed and assigned.
- Manage highly sensitive financial and other personal information with confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to travel and meet deadlines is required.
Prior relevant experience in a similar role especially working with non-profit organizations/charities/charitable foundations/schools is preferred but not necessary. Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and computer proficiency. Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and sense of urgency. Superb in negotiation and relationship cultivation. Creative-thinker, self-starter with ability to work independently and within a team.
Milton Community Resource Centre
At your personal or organizational event
- Organize and host your own personal/community/sports team/etc. event or product drive to collect donations
- Encourage guests and participants to bring a donation for the Infant Food Bank - diapers, formula, cereal and/or jars and pouches of baby food
-Volunteers work with the Infant Food Bank Facilitator to provide a plan for their event which includes methods of gathering donations, outline of product or fundraising goal and identification of event timeline.
- MCRC will provide posters and information about the Infant Food Bank and, if you like, an Infant Food Bank container for your guests to fill
Note: You can drop off your collected donations to MCRC at 410 Bronte Street South, Milton or we can arrange to pick them up.
Students: earn up to 4 hours of volunteer time for organizing and hosting your own Infant Food Bank event
BurlingtonGreen Environmental Association
Villages of Brantwell, 2120, 2125, 2165 Itabashi Way, Burlington
Sunday, October 20, 2019 from 8am to 1pm
. Remove the patio stones and stack, ready for next spring’s solarization
. Remove the plastic film
. Clean off / spray wash the plastic film, then allow to dry
. Fold/roll up the plastic film, then put in storage
. Clean debris off the next adjacent 12,000 sq.ft. segment, in preparation for spring solarization
. Wheelbarrow mulch next to the solarized area, used to lightly cover the wildflower seeds.
. Clean debris off new flower garden
Public & Catholic Schools in Halton & Peel and other Community Partner Locations
ActiveChefs is a not-for-profit charitable organization (Canadian registered charity) dedicated to promoting health and well-being of children. You will assist ActiveChefs Staff and Instructors with programs and activities (during-school and after-school) for elementary school children (ages 5-12 years) in Halton and Peel Region (Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Acton, Georgetown, Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon).
Victorian Order of Nurses, Toronto-York Region Branch, Peel Satellite Office
Delivering meals to Oakville or Mississauga
a) Pick up and deliver meals to clients, including:
• Reporting to the designated depot at the assigned time (Mississauga near Oakville border)
• Picking up route list, and meals, etc.
• Delivering meals to assigned clients, dropping off notices etc. within expected time frames
• Ensuring that meals are received by the client at the time of delivery or following previously made arrangements or procedures
• Talking with the client to observe that they are safe and all is well
• Returning containers and any money collected to the designated depot
• Returning any undelivered meals to the designated depot
b) Maintain confidentiality of route sheets
c) Submission of expense claim form as required
d) Use “MOW” car sign to facilitate parking and to increase community awareness of the program
e) Report to the supervisor any concerns regarding the well-being of the clients
f) Attend in-service training as arranged by the branch, including initial orientation
Halton Children's Aid Society, Burlington Office
Burlington (off Mainway between Appleby Line and Burloak)
Do you love to run? If so, would you enjoy mentoring a youth in a running group?
The running group will be targeted to our youth in care between the ages of 12-18.
The youth will learn to run 5kms and complete a 5km run
The group will also have an educational component with weekly presentations on key health issues.
Each youth will be set up with a mentor to run alongside.
Salvation Army, Khi Community, Milton, Community and Family Services
The Salvation Army- Milton, various locations in Milton
Greeting people with a smile :) in various locations around Milton. Volunteers are required to help raise funds by standing with a donation kettle and accepting donations from the public.
Milton Santa Claus Parade Committee, Milton Santa Claus Parade
Help make the Milton Santa Claus Parade 2019 the best yet! The Parade is on Sunday, November 17, 2019.
There are many different volunteer roles to help make the parade successful.
ALL Volunteers are asked to attend the information session prior to the event.
Registration for ALL volunteer positions must submit an online application at http://www.miltonsantaclausparade.ca/volunteers/ no later than November 10, 2019
Extendicare Halton Hills, Long-Term Care Centre
9 Lindsay Court, Georgetown, On L7G 6G9
Play your instrument for individuals or in a group setting. We are looking for people who play an instrument to enhance the lives of our residents through music. Utilize the skills you have learned and entertain the residents of our home.
Nanny Angel Network
Nanny Angels provide free, specialized in-home relief childcare support for mothers who have been diagnosed with cancer, for those requiring palliative care and for families requiring additional relief during the bereavement period. All of our Nanny Angels have two important things in common: their love of children and their commitment to providing excellent, dependable childcare for mothers with cancer.
Become a Nanny Angel! How you can help:
• Provide fun, educational, creative and safe experiences for the children
• Minimum 6 months of commitment to ensure support during the duration of a mom’s cancer treatment and recovery
• 4 hours of childcare service per week to the same family
• Volunteers are matched with families based on compatibility and location within the Greater Toronto Area: Halton, Peel, York, Durham Regions and the City of Toronto.
The role is not that of a babysitter, housekeeper or personal assistant – Nanny Angels are there to engage and support the children.
Indus Community Services, Oakville Office, Newcomer and Employment Services
- Call clients in their home or assisted living facility; minimum of 30 minutes weekly visit at a mutually agreed upon time (between Mon-Sun, 9am-7pm)
- Build a supportive relationship through conversation and discussion
- Actively engage client in topics of interest including reminiscing about past experiences
- Complete the Friendly Visiting Monthly Service Record
- Report issues, concerns and all incidents to the Friendly Visiting Coordinator
- Represent Indus in a professional manner at all times
- Adhere to the vision, mission and guiding values of the organization and the Friendly Visiting Program.
Halton Baby-Friendly Initiative, Mailing Address
1151 Bronte Road, Oakville
Promote, protect and support breastfeeding in the Halton community. Attend and participate in monthly planning meetings (2 hrs per month). Participate in work groups to create/edit resources, plan and host community events for families.
Kerr Street Mission, Family Programs
Cobs Bread Lakeshore Road to Kerr Street Mission (Kerr St& Speers Rd), Oakville
- Attend at Cobs Bread Lakeshore Road when the store closes and package up all of the unsold product which Cobs donates to Kerr Street Mission and then deliver it to Kerr Street Mission at Kerr Street and Speers Road.
- Training is provided and gloves and bags which are necessary to get the job done are provided.
- Able to lift about 20 pounds of bread product and to be conscientious in getting the job done.
- Only takes total of one hour of your time per week or as many days of the week you would like to volunteer.
- Two people are required at a time to perform this task.
- Students welcome to earn volunteer hours
- A car is essential so either a parent driving a student, or student driver with valid ID or anyone else who knows how to drive and has a vehicle.
Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga
1800 Appleby Line, Burlington and 700 Main St. E., Milton
• Ensure the merchandise is presented in a tidy, clean and organized manner to encourage sales
• Responsible to know what merchandise is currently on the shelves
• Be able to respond to customer inquiries regarding merchandise when needed
• Assist with loading and unloading donated merchandise from/to customers’ vehicles
• Actively approach customers to help them find items they are looking for
• Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers
• Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required
• Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times
• Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making referrals when appropriate
• Other duties as required.
Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga
1800 Appleby Line, Unit 10, Burlington and 700 Main St. E.,Milton
Assisting in the ReStore.
Provide customer service
Help with general housekeeping tasks
Assist with pick ups
Repair damaged items and assembles products to sell in the ReStore
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Halton and Hamilton, Oakville Office
Community Centres located in Oakville and Burlington
Volunteers will mentor black youth within a community based setting. Volunteers will assist in providing mentoring relationships while black youth participate in activities that reflect Caribbean and African heritage, cultural icons, carnival arts, diaspora experiences and other fun group based activities.
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Hamilton-Halton Chapter
The visits will be taking place in the Long-Term Care Home that your match resides in.
A Friendly Visitor is someone who will visit weekly/bi-weekly to spend time with the individual they are matched with. This is a social and recreational visit, talking, reading a book together, playing games/cards, grabbing a coffee/drink and sitting outside or even just watching tv or a movie together.
Often times living in a Long Term Care (LTC) can be lonely, many of the individuals living with MS in LTC can often be more isolated because of the age difference and interests compared to the other residents.
If you have a spare few hours a month, you can really make a difference in someone's life.
Must be over 18 years old to complete Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check screening requirements
Halton Environmental Network, Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre
HEN is currently seeking dedicated volunteers to support our community to divert waste at events in the community of Halton. Duties include working with the public, education, asking and instructing the public on recycling and composting to help support proper mitigation.
Community Development Halton, Volunteer Halton
376 Plains Rd. E. - L7T 1N8. South side: "Kay Fisher Realty" in red letters over the door.
- Work with our current Fundraising Sub-Committee. You would be a member of our Development Committee, collaborating and assisting our current Fundraising Subcommittee. The Committee usually meets twice a month on a Tuesday evening (6:00-7:00) in Aldershot, Burlington. Attending Committee meetings when possible will provide knowledge of our values, history, current activities, procedures, and weaknesses vs. strengths. We have had a poor record in fundraising and are committed to gaining skills in this area through a series of fundraising events, assisted by an experienced fundraiser and the support of the whole Development Committee. The Fundraising Subcommittee is small in numbers and we would benefit from the energy and enthusiasm of another member or two.
Links2Care, Georgetown, Community Social Services Programs
Georgetown and Acton area
Drives to deliver meals with or without another volunteer to seniors and shut-ins in the area. Ensures that all meal components are being delivered. The driver could be expected to deliver meals in apartment buildings. A general knowledge of the Georgetown area is an asset.
Museums of Burlington, Ireland House Museum
Museum special events take place at Ireland House Museum and/or Joseph Brant Museum, in Burlington
Assist with the delivery of special events.There are a variety of event components and duties to choose from that may include: serving refreshments, conducting tours, reception/admission duties, gift shop sales, assisting in the children’s activity area or set-up of equipment for the event (some heavy lifting may be required).
Canadian Blood Services, Halton
1250 Brant Street, Burlington, Ontario
The need for blood is constant and we welcome donors to help patients in need.
Bereaved Families of Ontario, Halton-Peel, Centre for Grief and Healing
Halton & Peel regions (Mississauga, Oakville, Milton, Halton Hills, Brampton, Caledon)
Our goal is to work with individuals who are over the age of 18 and who have suffered loss themselves or who feel they are capable of using their own experiences with grief to provide peer support within a facilitation role in our grief support group.
- Two open grief support groups: closed and drop-in. The open group sessions are held weekly or biweekly.
- Individuals to fill the Facilitator volunteer positions are needed for both groups.
St Christophers Anglican Church, Burlington, Open Doors @ St Christophers
662 Guelph Line, Burlington
4-6pm assist staff in after-school programming
7-8:30pm assist staff in childminding during Calling all Parents programming
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Halton and Hamilton, Oakville Office
A volunteer(s) is matched with a little brother or sister between the ages of six and sixteen. Together they spend 2 or 3 hours a week out in the community enjoying shared interests and participating in low cost social, educational and recreational activities. It is highly recommended that the volunteer have access to a vehicle.