You performed a search for: Suitable for: Workplaces / Corporate Groups
There are 33 record(s) that match your criteria.
Represent MAN in community events and booths.
Attend monthly community meetings.
Sit on MAN's Action Committee.
Contribute to MAN's website development and maintenance.
Work with staff, partners, and Relay For Life volunteer committee to organize and plan the Canadian Cancer Society's signature event.
Duties include phone calls, contacting realtors and companies, delivering posters and flyers and community outreach.
• Record the number of visitors at the site
• Distribute site information (where applicable)
• Assist with opening / closing of the site (put up signage, set out information pamphlets, etc.)
Volunteers are also needed to help pack 'site boxes' approximately 2-3 weeks prior to the event day.
Site boxes contain brochures, pens, papers, small first-aid kits, etc.
• Building Workshop(s) – Assisting participants with building kits, cleaning and organizing supplies
• Arts and Crafts Workshop – Assisting participants with organizing supplies, cleaning tables and using their creativity to compose pieces of art
• Green Team – Assist with waste sorting, creating an eco-friendly environment and helping to move towards zero waste
• Activity Support – Assist activity providers with set up, activity support, and providing child friendly recreation activities for all ages
• Town of Oakville Ambassadors (Greeters) – Welcome participants at the front gate and at stations at various points in the park to distribute programs and direct pedestrian traffic
-Shopping for food for our programs.
-Preparing meals and snacks for students to eat; most programs do not involve cooking, but most have some cutting of fresh fruits and vegetables and minimal preparation of other food items.
-Setting up for food service which can include setting up chairs and tables, cleaning the eating and food preparation surfaces and putting out dishes and food.
-Post-program clean up; this can include doing dishes, putting food away, cleaning tables and putting away chairs.
-Monthly reporting and financial tracking; this involves working with school staff to obtain account balances and submitting totals to HFFT each month.
Cancer changes everything. So can you.
- Act as a reference person for conference participants (answer questions and queries)
- Assist with registration
- Assist with conference set up and take down
2. Emptying, cleaning out and restocking the store room
3. Answering telephones/taking messages in the office
• Maintenance tasks indoors and outdoors including, but not limited to: cleaning, upkeep of home, changing lights & batteries, painting, fixing items, and more.
We are currently recruiting for volunteers who would be interested in volunteering approximately once a week for a few hours to assist with routine maintenance tasks under the supervision of our onsite Maintenance Caretaker. Tasks may include painting, fixing items, changing light bulbs, changing batteries, tightening screws, sweeping patios, hanging frames/decor items, doing routine checks, fixing up walls, fastening items, etc! Lots to be done!
If you have a knack for organizing events, are a professional who wants to branch out and lend your expertise, then we want to hear from you! Whether you are a networking ninja or a student looking to gain leadership experience and volunteer hours, volunteering is a great way to network, meet new and incredible people from your community and a great resume building opportunity.
Please forward your resume and a paragraph indicating how you see yourself fitting on the Amazing Car Rally volunteer committee to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to all interested applicants.
Some lifting of equipment required.
Help at BBQ (post food for riders and walkers)
Are you friendly, team worker, and have experience handling cash or in the food service business..then we want you!
Areas of opportunities are as follows:
THE BISTRO CAFE..daily food service
Breakfast @ the Bistro..Saturday monthly event
Physical activity: Volunteers lead warm up, running workouts, and other fitness activities while cheering them on and providing encouragement.
Snack: Volunteers help to distribute snack to the students after the physical activity component.
Word of the Day: Volunteers have the opportunity to explain a "Word of the Day” for the whole group. They will share the word selected for that week (as provided in the Director’s Manual) and ask for feedback from the students regarding the definition and how they can use it at some point in their lives.
Journal: Volunteers assist children to record their accomplishments in both running and reading each week.
Reading: Volunteers supervise as children read silently, read one-on-one with children or lead group reading, listen to them read and providing help and encouragement.
Availability - primarily weekends and statutory holidays
•understanding the Canadian context of their profession and workplace culture
•gathering information on their occupation and industry
•developing professional networks and job search strategies
There are a variety of event components and duties to choose from that may include: serving refreshments, conducting tours, reception/admission duties, gift shop sales, assisting in the children’s activity area or set-up of equipment for the event (some heavy lifting may be required).
Provide customer service
Help with general housekeeping tasks
Assist with pick ups
Repair damaged items and assembles products to sell in the ReStore
Perfect for social butterflies with a good sense of humour, social work students, sports or gaming enthusiasts, martial arts, yoga or holistic health nuts.
- Encourage guests and participants to bring a donation for the Infant Food Bank - diapers, formula, cereal and/or jars and pouches of baby food
- MCRC will provide posters and information about the Infant Food Bank and, if you like, an Infant Food Bank container for your guests to fill
Note: You can drop off your collected donations to MCRC at 410 Bronte Street South, Milton or we can arrange to pick them up.
Students: earn 4 hours of volunteer time for organizing and hosting your own Infant Food Bank event
Meet and greet all food and beverage donation drop-offs as they arrive.
Several special events are organized each year where volunteers are needed to assist with organizing and running the event. Events such as: golf tournaments, diversity day events, racquet club events, dragon boat races and most importantly our annual fundraising Stardust gala.
The funds raised at these events goes towards providing programs for children in care such as bursaries, camps, educational programs and seasonal gifts through the Children’s Aid Foundation of Halton.
Based on your background, expertise & special interest, you could help with various organizational initiatives such as marketing, communication, social media, event management & coordination, youth & community engagement, fundraising, donations, program support, administrative support, coaching, recreation, program activities, teaching assistance, education support, general assistance, transportation, food prep, kitchen work, meal preparation, usher, server, games, sports etc.
- Help with interactive stations, kids programs and crafts
- Lead tours
- Assist with theme specific activities
- Take pictures for the Willow Park records and online postings
Summer camp days in July and August give volunteers the opportunity to learn new crafts and assist younger children with making crafts and learning about nature in the park.
Those who step forward to help with gardening learn about water efficiency, and what plants are habitat or food for which wildlife and important insect species. And very importantly, what plants are invaders that overrun our local natural spaces if not kept in check through removal and replacement plantings. Of course the learning occurs while engaged in hands-on projects that may include getting your hands dirty, while digging, planting, weeding, watering. Then, take a walk in the park and watch your work “grow! The Park is a great place to meet others while enjoying the outdoors!