You performed a search for: Skills / Experience: Accounting & Finance
There are 7 record(s) that match your criteria.
You could work alone if you have a successful history in fundraising. Otherwise, you would be working with 2 or 3 other volunteers to collaborate in development of a fundraising campaign - using our newsletter, website (under construction) and Facebook.
We are hoping for volunteers who are enthusiastic, creative, optimistic and somewhat experienced in environmental matters, and comfortable in collaborative action. Interest in tree-planting is desirable but not necessary.
With the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP), you’ll be helping thousands of people get their entitled benefits and credits. As a CVITP volunteer, you’ll receive training, guidance, access to a dedicated help line, and free tax software.
• Works together with the Executive team to decide which events HBFI will participate in, and host.
• Annual events:
HBFI participates in Multicultural Event, and Oakville and Burlington Children’s Festivals
HBFI hosts Spring Movie, World Breastfeeding Week Family Picnic, and Canadian Breastfeeding Week Family Hike
• Leads event planning work groups. Ensuring that events run on time; that all stakeholders are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
• Oversee all production, set-up, volunteers, event operations, and event signage
• Prepares and submits all applications to relevant City offices for event venues before cut-off dates.
• Arranges all aspects of events: insurance, permits, event budgets, entertainment, food, participating partners, door prizes, giveaways, and baby changing area.
• Collaborates with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure appropriate\ volunteers are required at all events, and volunteer certificates after events
• Oversees fundraising and donations for events.
• Collaborates with Website Coordinator and Social Media Coordinators for the promotion of community events, including advertising, posters, and distribution.
• Reports progress and updates at meetings or communicates report to the executive if unable to attend meetings.
• Provide post-event analysis by holding an event debrief.
• Prepares an annual report for the AGM.
• Manage the storage of materials for events
We are currently looking for an individual with a background in finance or human resources who can contribute to the ongoing success of our organization. Our board meets bi-monthly on Wednesdays via Zoom and you would be required to commit to a two-year term.
If you would like more information on this opportunity, please contact Allison McLean, President, Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for their interest!
members share a keen interest in the well-being and successful performance of the Links2Care
social service programs. To ensure diversity and representation, the successful candidates
should reside in one of the communities served by Links2Care. If helping others and giving back
to the community by serving on our volunteer Board resonates with you, then we would like to
hear from you!
Duties and Expectations of a Board member include:
- Understand and support the principles of fiduciary responsibility of Board of Directors.
- Participate in setting and monitoring L2C’s strategic directions and policies.
- Attend all Board meetings (hybrid of in-person and online for 9 x 2 hours meetings per
year in the evenings, usually on the fourth Wednesday of the month except in July, August
and December); commit to membership on at least 1 Board committee; prepare well for
meetings and discussions.